"Signatue required" but I didn't sign anything?

TempestCatto

Hi all. So just recently I received a shipment for a church I run sound for. A $3,000 Nord Piano 4. Per the shipping pages on FedEx, I was supposed to sign for it. However when it arrived at my house, while I was present, I was not asked to sign anything. In addition, those same shipping update pages then said "no signature required" after I received it. Why is that? The same literal thing happened with my current pc components but with USPS and UPS. What gives? Are the drivers just being lazy or is there something else I don't know about? If I'm not required to sign, why would it say so in the first place?

Sorry for the barrage of questions but I just can't figure this out.

Thanks in advance.

Couriers are a sham 

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

IIRC, unless the shipper requires a signature it means they don't require it but it can be gotten. I ordered a steering wheel and it had to be signed for and FedEx had Signature Required on the tracking page. Sometimes shippers won't require signatures to cheap out on shipping.

Also the last time I shipped a Piano it had to be freighted around, what kinda piano gets shipped through fedex?

8 hours ago, Silverdogz said:

IIRC, unless the shipper requires a signature it means they don't require it but it can be gotten. I ordered a steering wheel and it had to be signed for and FedEx had Signature Required on the tracking page. Sometimes shippers won't require signatures to cheap out on shipping.

Also the last time I shipped a Piano it had to be freighted around, what kinda piano gets shipped through fedex?

I could see it lowering the cost of shipping on high ticket items. But I'm just baffled it's not required.

It's a stage keyboard, not an actual piano (though piano is part of the name) It only weighs 40.1 lbs.

373897.jpg

15 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

Hi all. So just recently I received a shipment for a church I run sound for. A $3,000 Nord Piano 4. Per the shipping pages on FedEx, I was supposed to sign for it. However when it arrived at my house, while I was present, I was not asked to sign anything. In addition, those same shipping update pages then said "no signature required" after I received it. Why is that? The same literal thing happened with my current pc components but with USPS and UPS. What gives? Are the drivers just being lazy or is there something else I don't know about? If I'm not required to sign, why would it say so in the first place?

Sorry for the barrage of questions but I just can't figure this out.

Thanks in advance.

In short, this is more of the senders problem than yours. You can prove you got it (just by showing a picture, shipping label, whatever). But the seller can't prove you actually received it. With no signature, they have no way of telling whether the courier just tossed it into a lake and claimed it was delivered.

This means you could more easily defraud them (not that you will). But there's basically no risk for your end of the deal.

As for the driver? He probably just forgot. If you're concerned, call the courier company and inform this of this mistake the driver made. The company won't correct a problem they aren't aware of.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Dumbest case of this I ever saw happened to me several years ago. I purchased an antique rifle (made in the early 1890's) on a marketplace similar to eBay, but for that type of thing. By both US and Texas law it can legally be shipped directly to a home due to it's date of manufacture; However, there's still an age requirement and it must be and was shipped signature required. The carrier just dropped it off on my front porch and left, didn't even knock or ring the doorbell. I had been downstairs at the time and heard the mail truck drive off and it alerted me. 

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

4 hours ago, atxcyclist said:

Dumbest case of this I ever saw happened to me several years ago. I purchased an antique rifle (made in the early 1890's) on a marketplace similar to eBay, but for that type of thing. By both US and Texas law it can legally be shipped directly to a home due to it's date of manufacture; However, there's still an age requirement and it must be and was shipped signature required. The carrier just dropped it off on my front porch and left, didn't even knock or ring the doorbell. I had been downstairs at the time and heard the mail truck drive off and it alerted me. 

Luckily you got it before some parcel thief stole it.

Gun age means its an antique gun, means different laws apply and probably no registration required but I got no clue on Texas gun laws but I can assume thats it, age = less restrictions.

Just now, greenmax said:

Luckily you got it before some parcel thief stole it.

Gun age means its an antique gun, means different laws apply and probably no registration required but I got no clue on Texas gun laws but I can assume thats it, age = less restrictions.

It's classified like a muzzle-loader, doesn't have to go through an FFL/dealer. 

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1