power supply with a fanless mode for about 70 to 80 euros.

Viesulis

Im a big hater of computer noise so im making a silent (or pretty close to it) pc, ive figured out the cpu cooler and now i need a good quality psu with a fanless mode.

30 minutes ago, Viesulis said:

Im a big hater of computer noise so im making a silent (or pretty close to it) pc, ive figured out the cpu cooler and now i need a good quality psu with a fanless mode.

Corsair RM PSUs will turn off the fan completely until it's necessary, depending on your build you can get a 650W or 750W and the fan would never turn on since the PSU won't be stressed, I'm assuming you're going to use efficient and low power hardware if you want to keep the noise at a minimum.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

7 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

Corsair RM PSUs will turn off the fan completely until it's necessary, depending on your build you can get a 650W or 750W and the fan would never turn on, I'm assuming you're going to use efficient and low power hardware if you want to keep the noise at a minimum.

the thing is, since there's an aim for quietness... rm (and many modern 2.52 meeting psus) start to whine when switching between powerstates, in this case around 90w load

a couple options i'd look into

• bitfenix formula gold (without semi-passive, but very quiet)
  • whisper m (without semi-passive, but very quiet)
  • corsair rmx
  • be quiet straight power 11 (without semi-passive, but very quiet)
  • enermax revolution df (without semi-passive, but very quiet)
  • super flower leadex iii
  • fractal design ion+ platinum (without semi-passive, but very quiet)

5 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

a couple options i'd look into

And a noteworthy mention: semi-passive feature is kind of overrated in real life scenarios. If there are few case fans, a cpu cooler, or even HDD, the PSU won't be audible.

"imho".

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

7 hours ago, Vejnemojnen said:

And a noteworthy mention: semi-passive feature is kind of overrated in real life scenarios. If there are few case fans, a cpu cooler, or even HDD, the PSU won't be audible.

"imho".

My cpu cooler is passive and massive and i have zero case fans is i have an open bench

Just now, Viesulis said:

My cpu cooler is passive and massive and i have zero case fans is i have an open bench

just be aware that most of the manufacturers fuck up the mode, and let it be quiet when not under load for to long, resulting in a fan blast when the unit gets too hot

this was for example visible with the g2

6 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

just be aware that most of the manufacturers fuck up the mode, and let it be quiet when not under load for to long, resulting in a fan blast when the unit gets too hot

this was for example visible with the g2

so it spiked in noise once in a while?

14 minutes ago, Viesulis said:

so it spiked in noise once in a while?

well... spike

it was every time that the fan would turn on, it would cool down and turn the fan off again, until it got hot again and so on