Bench-marking pc parts before actually building it

I'm going to build mu first pc soon. Till now, i've been working on my 6 year old Dell inspiron 5547 and before that, i had a pre built PC for close to 12 years.

I have watched pc building video, gaming pc videos, pc parts review etc etc. But, i'm still not sure if my specs are balanced. i'm building a Deep learning pc, which will be used for light gaming too.

Is there a way/website where i can just put in my specs and it gives me a virtual benchmark, and possibly recommend parts for improvement.

2 minutes ago, ishanc said:

Is there a way/website where i can just put in my specs and it gives me a virtual benchmark, and possibly recommend parts for improvement.

no, and on top of that, there's a huge problem right now with "simulated" benchmarks all over youtube, where a video showcasing supposed performance of a system doesn't show the actual physical parts and the performance is way off the mark.

to be honest, you don't have to worry about the perfectly balanced system, you know what software you're using and should allocate your budget to have relatively good performance in that software.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

The best way is to see what other people doing the same thing as you are getting. When it comes to specific applications there will be niches where it will be analysed.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

5 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

no, and on top of that, there's a huge problem right now with "simulated" benchmarks all over youtube, where a video showcasing supposed performance of a system doesn't show the actual physical parts and the performance is way off the mark.

to be honest, you don't have to worry about the perfectly balanced system, you know what software you're using and should allocate your budget to have relatively good performance in that software.

Thanks alot. looks like i'll have to go with my gut and just build it.

There are so many variables in a given environment. No one bench would suit all.

CPU: AMD Threadripper 2950X 16 Core/ 32 Thread 4.4ghz (XFR)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme

GPU: EVGA GTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

RAM: Quad Channel Gskill Flare X 32GB 2933mhz 14-14-14-34

Case: Corsair Graphite 780T

There's a good chance that someone has used the parts you're using with the software you plan to run.  I'd just google the components you plan to build with and the software and see if anyone has published any results.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

You can use databases for Cinebench and 3Dmark to get some idea how parts compare.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv