USB floppy disk that will read double density disks and works on windows 10?

Windows95

Double Density? That old? DD, not HD? Well, I think any USB floppy drive that can read HD (which means - all of them) can read DD.

BUT, what may be funny, you may buy whole computer with FDD that reads all disks for price lower than USB floppy drive. And use network to copy your disks.

3 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Double Density? That old? DD, not HD? Well, I think any USB floppy drive that can read HD (which means - all of them) can read DD.

720kb, yes, that old

and no, most people in amazon are complainng that their drives didnt read DD disks , only hd (1.44mb)

Well, working Pentium IV computer with floppy drive cost about 10$. Or Pentium III. People want to sell them for almost free because is cheaper than utilize them. And if network card works, all you need is router or network switch to copy files.

3 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Well, working Pentium IV computer with floppy drive cost about 10$. Or Pentium III. People want to sell them for almost free because is cheaper than utilize them. And if network card works, all you need is router or network switch to copy files.

waste of space

I have a weird 2MB disk... i wonder if that one will be read, but most seem to be 1.44mb

Well, it depends how do you format it. Usually there are 80 sectors, but there was trick to use 82 sectors too. And different format gives different capacity. PC dos format was 720 kb but, for example, Amiga FFS uses 840 kb (880 when all 82 sectors was used). So probably it's somehow possible to use almost 2MB on HD floppy if data was written directly on sectors without any structure by some program.

Now is not so different - you cannot write 1TB of data on 1TB hdd, even if you use decimal multiplier. So, probably that 2MB floppy was just false advertisement.

1 minute ago, homeap5 said:

Well, it depends how do you format it. Usually there are 80 sectors, but there was trick to use 82 sectors too. And different format gives different capacity. PC dos format was 720 kb but, for example, Amiga FFS uses 840 kb (880 when all 82 sectors was used). So probably it's somehow possible to use almost 2MB on HD floppy if data was written directly on sectors without any structure by some program.

this one looks like this

img_5276.jpg?w=349&h=466