2080 ti FE—Is it normal for one fan to be spinning at 1500 rpm?

FrankGehry

I've had my 2080 ti Founder's Edition since March 2019. Since if first put it in my system and started it up, one fan would spin at 1500 rpm and be audible to the point of being a little annoying. The other fan spins at norman, much quieter speeds. Once in a blue moon, for some reason, the loud fan will slow down to the speed of the other fan, and my system becomes much quieter. I'm not sure what causes it.

I read that the fan that is spinning faster may be the fan that cools the power components of the graphics card, but this would seem weird that the power components would require this fan spinning full speed all the time.

Does this behavior seem similar to anyone else with the Founder's Edition 2080 ti?

Is there a way to slow the fan speeds? I don't game at all on this card. I use it for 3d modelling and other design softwares, so the temperatures don't get all that high. I'm using the Creator drivers on the card.

1 minute ago, FrankGehry said:

Is there a way to slow the fan speeds?

software like MSI afterburner let you set fan profiles

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

software like MSI afterburner let you set fan profiles

Okay, I'll try Afterburner.

I have EVGA Precision X1 installed right now, and I've fiddled around with fan settings in there, but none of them seem to do anything.