My first rig

Prathamesh232
Go to solution Solved by Archer20,
1 minute ago, Prathamesh232 said:

Okay thts and it's the same price as the z390 one thanks!you saved me 4000(Rs) bucks overall?(not to mention the knowledge assurance upgradability and performance upgrades) !

You're very welcome. I'm happy to help. I love to educate people, I feel it's my duty nowdays because I had my own mentors years ago and passing on knowledge is important!

Just now, Prathamesh232 said:

So when are the new motherboards and 10000 series CPUs coming and how is it obsolete when 10 series is just a clock boost as it still works on the same 14nm architecture

As i said just around the corner.

The CPU is unofficially sold in china, that means it will soon be announce. Motherboards will soon follow.

And not just a clock boost, it will have more cores and hyperthreading in all cpu model. At least 15% boost for the same class (so they say).

Don't wanna wait? get 7nm Ryzen.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Thanks again (yea I need it a maximum of 3-4 years with a just a few tweaks like RAM or mouse)

IMO with the proposed build and your use case, you will be good for 3 years. If there is one thing I've learned in my many years PC building, and working in IT, future proof is non-existent. Games are currently starting to make use of 8 cores...just starting to. So you've got 3 years easy.

CPU: AMD Threadripper 2950X 16 Core/ 32 Thread 4.4ghz (XFR)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme

GPU: EVGA GTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

RAM: Quad Channel Gskill Flare X 32GB 2933mhz 14-14-14-34

Case: Corsair Graphite 780T

2 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

The CPU is unofficially sold in china, that means it will soon be announce. Motherboards will soon follow.

And not just a clock boost, it will have more cores and hyperthreading in all cpu model. At least 15% boost for the same class (so they say).

We assume he is working with a big budget with the proposed parts, so I feel if he were willing to go AMD, he could get even more life out of his system by going with a 3900x.

11 minutes ago, DG House said:

80+ Gold is not super neccasy but surely good casue is more efficent

for your AIO if aura snyc is importent go for corsair

and for the intel amd stuff,

yes amd is surely more futureproof and is has more today features but intel single clock is higher

its deppends on your loads

Single core is what's more important to chuk out fps?

2 minutes ago, Archer20 said:

We assume he is working with a big budget with the proposed parts, so I feel if he were willing to go AMD, he could get even more life out of his system by going with a 3900x.

While the budget seems good,it already cut to cut here and 3900x is way more expensive here..is 47000 Indian ruppees (1 USD= 71.35 rs currently)and the i7 is for like 37000 now but it's more demanding so it goes down to 29000

2 minutes ago, Prathamesh232 said:

Yeaaa you are right.....but maybe I can buy 9700k now and wait for 7 nm chips as we will require a mobo upgrade there and I am short on time too..

That's the problem with 9700k.

Next generation will not use the same socket, so you will need a new motherboard.

It has "only" 8 cores and 8 threads, and you can only upgrade it to 9900k (8 core, 16 threads).

The next model (10700k) should be priced in the same bracket and have 8 cores and 16 threads.

If you buy Ryzen, you can use the next gen without changing motherboard.

Even if you're stuck with the same generation (Ryzen 3000), at least you can upgrade to 16 cores.

That's more future proof than 9700k.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Single core is what's more important to chuk out fps?

We need to get out of the mentality that intel has higher single core. In fact, 3xxx has higher IPC in quite a few workloads than intel's current gen, and at similar clockspeeds beats intel. We also need to keep in mind that as multicore becomes the standard, single core matters less and less.

9 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Okayy so it's waiting then

While the budget seems good,it already cut to cut here and 3900x is way more expensive here..is 47000 Indian ruppees (1 USD= 71.35 rs currently)and the i7 is for like 37000 now but it's more demanding so it goes down to 29000

Ah I see. I was basing it on the US market. My apologies.

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

That's the problem with 9700k.

Next generation will not use the same socket, so you will need a new motherboard.

It has "only" 8 cores and 8 threads, and you can only upgrade it to 9900k (8 core, 16 threads).

The next model (10700k) should be priced in the same bracket and have 8 cores and 16 threads.

If you buy Ryzen, you can use the next gen without changing motherboard.

Even if you're stuck with the same generation (Ryzen 3000), at least you can upgrade to 16 cores.

That's more future proof than 9700k.

Ohhh I didn't know about that... actually I was talking about using the 9700k till Intel 7nm chips come which is 2021 and then think of upgrading as if I buy a 10700k I will have to change my mobo twice to get 7nm Intel chipset but rysen seems better option here thanks

Not your fault thanks anyway.

3 minutes ago, Archer20 said:

In the other comments they are telling me to go amd rysen 7 3700x is cheaper but I can't upgrade soon as my dad is funding here he won't give me upgrades real soon ofc

Ohhh I didn't know about that... actually I was talking about using the 9700k till Intel 7nm chips come which is 2021 and then think of upgrading as if I buy a 10700k I will have to change my mobo twice to get 7nm Intel chipset but rysen seems better option here thanks

So, just some information, AMD is expected to release 5nm in 2022ish, which is expected too be quite a bump. This is why I say futureproofing is impossible. Ever since AMD's resurgence, the stagnation that lasted from 2011-2017 is long gone.

6 minutes ago, Archer20 said:

We need to get out of the mentality that intel has higher single core. In fact, 3xxx has higher IPC in quite a few workloads than intel's current gen, and at similar clockspeeds beats intel. We also need to keep in mind that as multicore becomes the standard, single core matters less and less.

Which processor exactly outperforms though? 3900x is out of the question so it's Intel anyway

In the other comments they are telling me to go amd rysen 7 3700x is cheaper but I can't upgrade soon as my dad is funding here he won't give me upgrades real soon ofc

In most cases, the 3700x is actually a superior chip to the 9700k.

There's no such thing as Intel 7nm, their soon to be relased still on 14nm.

And the best they can do is 10nm which is still in development.

The best CPU in their lineup only have 10 cores.

You can read it here:

https://www.techspot.com/news/84033-intel-10th-gen-processors-havent-announced-but-they.html

1 minute ago, Archer20 said:

So, just some information, AMD is expected to release 5nm in 2022ish, which is expected too be quite a bump. This is why I say futureproofing is impossible. Ever since AMD's resurgence, the stagnation that lasted from 2011-2017 is long gone.

Yea surely future proof is disappearing I just don't want to end up with a setup tht sucks just after months because of new releases.i don't know much about these things I am only a 12th grade student with no advanced cs knowledge (yea I know how to build a PC)

Which processor exactly outperforms though? 3900x is out of the question so it's Intel anyway

Is AMD overall more expensive in India? I would get the 3700X if you can.

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

There's no such thing as Intel 7nm, their soon to be relased still on 14nm.

And the best they can do is 10nm which is still in development.

The best CPU in their lineup only have 10 cores.

You can read it here:

https://www.techspot.com/news/84033-intel-10th-gen-processors-havent-announced-but-they.html

That's current state but it's said to come in near future I read in right here at this forum Intel 7nm comes in 2021...

Yea surely future proof is disappearing I just don't want to end up with a setup tht sucks just after months because of new releases.i don't know much about these things I am only a 12th grade student with no advanced cs knowledge (yea I know how to build a PC)

Take it from a Cyber Security Systems Engineer that got his start in a local repair shop over a decade ago :)

That's current state but it's said to come in near future I read in right here at this forum Intel 7nm comes in 2021...

Intel's projections have always been off. 10nm was supposed to be in 2015. And now it may not come at all in desktop form.

Is AMD overall more expensive in India? I would get the 3700X if you can.

Not at all amd is known as the budget cpu but 3900x is expensive just a shy of 2000rs with the current price of a 9900k

Not at all amd is known as the budget cpu but 3900x is expensive just a shy of 2000rs with the current price of a 9900k

AMD is no longer the "budget" option. Many companies are switching to AMD for better security and better performance.  For example, the server market. Xeon is being replaced.

Yeaa 3700x has more features ...I will surely try to get tht one...which motherboard is best for it...can I buy the x450 version of this mobo as I need WiFi and aura sync is good too?

Just now, Archer20 said:

AMD is no longer the "budget" option. Many companies are switching to AMD for better security and better performance.  For example, the server market. Xeon is being replaced.

Yeaa ofc what else will happen when two xeons have less cores than a 3990x