What should i do?

Speeed

So I'm running an AMD Ryzen 5 2600, GeForce GTX 1050ti and 2x4gb patriot viper 3000Mhz ram on the MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX. I know there are limitations with the R5 2nd gen chips and I'm wanting to upgrade my ram to 16gb. Would running 4x4gb work at 2933Mhz or is this something that isn't possible? I know upgrading to 2x8gb would be more ideal but I'd end up spending much more and the extra ram isn't worth the extra £80 to me at least. Thank you for any help : )

IMG_1090[1].JPG

3 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

Yeah you can run 4x4 at 2933, it's still close to 3000 mhz

Ok thanks, from what i researched i got told loads of different things. Like it just simply wouldnt work or that it would at a reduced speed or it just simply wouldnt pick the extra ram up

17 hours ago, Speeed said:

So I'm running an AMD Ryzen 5 2600, GeForce GTX 1050ti and 2x4gb patriot viper 3000Mhz ram on the MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX. I know there are limitations with the R5 2nd gen chips and I'm wanting to upgrade my ram to 16gb. Would running 4x4gb work at 2933Mhz or is this something that isn't possible? I know upgrading to 2x8gb would be more ideal but I'd end up spending much more and the extra ram isn't worth the extra £80 to me at least. Thank you for any help : )

IMG_1090[1].JPG

Another 2x4GB should be fine.