White PC case - can it get yellow ? Fractal Design R6

name66

Hello, i would like to buy white pc case : fractal design R6 white -> should i fear it gets yellow after some time ? I am non-smoker. Thanks

17 minutes ago, name66 said:

Hello, i would like to buy white pc case : fractal design R6 white -> should i fear it gets yellow after some time ? I am non-smoker. Thanks

You mean like how old plastics went from taupe. To lemonyellow over time?  It will depend on the paint they use.  It will be very specific to the coating characteristics and the UV it gets struck with.  All paint changes color over time.  The only way to avoid it is make a clear paint with flecks of very resistant materials in it.  If the white in the paint is titanium oxide you’ve got a shot.

Almost nothing will yellow as fast as old plastic computer cases though.  That was a different chemical process.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I know this isn't the answer you were looking for, but wait. The R7 is about to be released.

2 hours ago, name66 said:

My old PC had the previous model "Define R5" in white 2014-2018. The color was perfect when I sold it after 4 years. 

CPU: i9 9900K   Cooler: NH-D15   RAM: Kingston Fury 4 x 8GB 3600MHz CL17   Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F   GPU: ASUS 3080 TUF   Case: In Win D-Frame   PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (Games), 2TB Crucial BX500 SSD (Storage)   Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9. 

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

The only way to avoid it is make a clear paint with flecks of very resistant materials in it

Keep it under the desk and hidden away, which is always the best way to place a pc case.