Ryzen 3900 build shuts down

_Sixpack_

When I start the system everything lights up for a second before the computer shuts down again. Reset of CMOS a few times in a row will make the system start again, but only for a while.

Motherboard: ASUS x570 Gaming E
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900x
Memory: 4x16GB DDR4, 3600MHz gSkill
GPU: ASUS Geforce 2080 Super

I built the system in January. The system was fine for a few days. I managed to install a few of my games and play without issues. Then one evening the computer just shuts off. I did not use it at the time so it was just idle. I switched it back on and managed to update the bios to version 1405. Everything was going smootly for a while and then it happened again. Now the computer refuses to post without resetting the CMOS, but most of the time it just stops.

I can't see any patterns in the Q-code on the motherboard. It stops randomly. I've tried to use only one memory stick, switched the graphics card to another slot. reseated the CPU just to see if something was bent and I've gone through all the cables from the PSU to the motherboard. The PSU is a Corsair AX850, so it should cover everything.

If I make it to bios there is no sudden temperature spikes or anything like that. When the system was working I would see idle temperatures of 35-40C.

Please help

Try setting your PCIe from Auto to Gen 3. Some boards dont like Gen 3 cards in a Gen 4 slot and have a similar issue. This sounds like it could potentially be it. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Thanks for the suggestion. Is that possible to do on a x570 motherboard? 

Well, according to the Asus support team I should try starting the system with no memory and no graphics card, just to see if the Q code would get stuck on memory problems. Unfortunately that didn't help. The power was not on long enough for me to even see a Q code. :(

All is well now. It was the PSU (brand new Corsair AX850 V2) that was broken.