Google accidentally releases first details on Android 11

Hasmar04

Source: https://www.androidcentral.com/google-mistakenly-teases-android-11-before-taking-down-preview-page

Some of the features listed include:

• New security features
  • APIs for foldables
  • APIs for sharing
  • APIs for Vulkan
  • and more

The page was quickly pulled, but it is speculated that they may be releasing a developer preview soon as the page looks ready to go live, although none of the links functioned. 

Hello from Down Under!

Yeah possibly testing coming soon. Vulkan extensions, that's good. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Corsair K63 Cherry MX red | Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

No battery charge limiter.

No app internet/access firewall.

Meh.

Advanced Charging Controller Magisk module

Literally any root firewall

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

9 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

Advanced Charging Controller Magisk module

Literally any root firewall

Not everyone wants to root.

1 minute ago, MyName13 said:

Not everyone wants to root.

Then there is no helping them, and they're stuck with what they got. ‾\_(ツ)_/‾

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Vulkan? I doubt it. I mean not the full Vulkan support we have on PCs.

Despite the year 2020, mobile phone chip (beside the Nvidia Tegra series, which already support Vulkan (see Nintendo Switch)) does not fully support OpenGL. They only support OpenGL ES, a subset of OpenGL.

I'll get excited about new Android-versions once it means we'll actually be getting updates for more than three years. Until then, I'm not seeing jack shit worth getting even mildly interested about.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

@Hasmar04

This thread has been moved to Phones and Tablets -subforum. At the moment it doesn't meed the guidelines for Tech News -section. Please add following:

Mainly quote and your own thoughts. You can report my reply, when you are ready.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv