New AMD Build Advice

Hello,

I am considering going AMD for my new build and I am looking for advice on my hardware as I have never done an AMD build before. I already have an i7-9700K but I've noticed the 3700X is only slightly behind it in terms of gaming performance whilst it is quite quicker in everything else. I know I could go for the 3900X or even the 3950X but I want to wait until the new AMD CPUs come out later this year so the 3700X will be more of a placeholder until they come out. In terms of cooling the 3700X I was thinking about going for the Noctua NH-U12S as it has great RAM clearance and is a pretty good performer as well.

With regards to my motherboard I was thinking about going for the Gigabyte Aorus Master as it seems to have good VRMs which may be handy for overclocking the new AMD CPUs when they come out.

For my GPU I already have an EVGA RTX 2080TI FTW3 which has been great so far.

For memory I will probably go for the Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3600Mhz as it has reasonable CAS timings and the added RGB is a nice touch.

For storage I will be reusing the SSDs I already have which are the Samsung 970 M.2 500GB SSD and the Samsung 860 1TB SSD.

I will also be reusing my PSU which is a Corsair RM1000i.

Finally, my case will be a Fractal Design Meshify S2 for good cooling. I will also be replacing the stock fans with NF-A14s - specifically three in the front for intake, and one at the rear and top-rear for exhaust.

What do you all think? Is there anything I could do better? I'm still rather new to all this so any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading!

2 minutes ago, Luke Murtagh said:

What do you all think?

Hello,

I'd think to wait until Zen 3 is released instead of buying a 3700x to replace a 9700k.

if the final goal is getting the 4000 series ryzen, I'd wait with the upgrading until those are announced. there is still no firm guarantee they will work with the x570 boards, and even if they do, the x670 board will probably be better optimised for them.