To encourage social distancing, you must leave two blank lines at the start and end of every post, and before and after every quote. Failure to comply may result in non-essential parts of the forum closing. Click for more details. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gordon_20

Would this work?

Posted · Original PosterOP

I made this and I don’t have much knowledge of how this works but will this PC build work

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gQsJp8

6 minutes ago, Gordon_20 said:

I made this and I don’t have much knowledge of how this works but will this PC build work

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gQsJp8

I've never had a desktop so I don't know anything, however that motherboard appears to have no wireless card. You may want to add one. As for the rest, yeah that is a serious budget build, processor doesn't have much power. I'm sure you'll find someone else with much better advice, this is all I got though lol

8 minutes ago, otherworldlynob said:

that motherboard appears to have no wireless card. You may want to add one.

OP would've selected a wireless card if they needed one. They didn't state they needed one.

Here's my advice for OP:

The 1200 is quite weak. I suggest you remove the aftermarket cooler as Ryzen chips come with decent coolers in the box, and use that money on something like a 3200G or 2200G. Another recommendation would be to downgrade to an A320 board. They offer less features, but my A320 board is working absolutely fine and I don't feel that it's lacking in features. Again, the money saved could go towards a better CPU and more ram. I don't know what games you play, but from my experience, I started off with 8 gigs of ram and went to 16 and a lot of games actually got enjoyable frame rates. Some games were even playable after the upgrade. Anyway, OP that's my advice.

Edit: I forgot to mention this but you will do fine with a 500 watt PSU instead of a 600watt one. The fun I'm budget builds is figuring out where you can save money. Trust me, I've been through it!

Main Rig: Custom Built: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G @ 3.6Ghz, 2x8GB Kingston Valueram @ 2666Mhz, Radeon Vega 8, Gigabyte A320M-S2H, Kingston 120Gb M.2 SSD,WD Blue 2.5 Inch 1tb HDD,Cooler Master MWE450, Aerocool CS-100

Laptop: HP ProBook X360 G1 EE: Pentium N4200 @ 1.1Ghz, 4Gb DDR3 1600Mhz 128Gb SSD
NAS Server: Dell OptiPlex 7010: Dual core Celeron G1610 @ 2.6Ghz 4GB DDR3 Ram, 500GB Single HDD

Mothballed Optiplex: Dual core Celeron G1810, 4Gb Ram, 250Gb HDD

Yes it works, no it's not great.

Here's something a little more refined for ~500$

For the cpu: Make sure it has AF in the product code.

And for the gpu, try to find a used 580 or 1070 instead. Those would be much better options to stay within budget and get a good head on performance

|| ℍ𝕚 𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕒 || 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: GTX 1080 || Memory: 16GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Noctua D15 || PSU: 750W EVGA G2 || Case: Define C

23 minutes ago, Slottr said:

a board without a heatsink? the pro4 is the same price.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Biostar X370GT7 case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

PC:

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn

Mouse:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

2 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

a board without a heatsink? the pro4 is the same price.

Oop, misclicked that one. Thanks for pointing that out 

|| ℍ𝕚 𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕒 || 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: GTX 1080 || Memory: 16GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Noctua D15 || PSU: 750W EVGA G2 || Case: Define C