Huge FPS drop in laptop when I play a game

iM8Pizza

Hello, the title says what my issue is, and good day to you. Below is the specification of my laptop

Brand : HP (model is... Gibberish, not one of those famous ones, those budget plasticy ones)

CPU : Intel i5-6200U

RAM : 8GB

GPU : Intel HD520 & AMD Radeon R5 M330

I'm unsure as to what's wrong with my laptop, when I first have it it works just fine with games, giving respectable and playable fps in CSGO. But that's not the case anymore, even in lighter games like SimplePlanes(yes, with minimum settings even) it occasionally drops to 2-10fps then rise back up again to 60+, then it repeats. So basically this applies to all games, there isn't anything fishy about the thermal either, 70-80°C in the hot days (tropical climate).

Did you check to see if anything is running in the background that may be hogging system resources?

59 minutes ago, johnny5c said:

Did you check to see if anything is running in the background that may be hogging system resources?

I have, and there's nothing other than the normal background processes by windows itself. Normal stuff really. This is not limited to windows only, I used ubuntu from the beginning I have this laptop, then I go full windows expecting for the problems to go away and letting me to play more games on it. But no, the FPS drops are still there and perhaps even worse.

That is very budget laptop I think this is performance what you can expect from such thing, look this guy made some benchmarks on same videocard

I dont think there is something wrong with it

2 hours ago, Ukyo82 said:

That is very budget laptop I think this is performance what you can expect from such thing, look this guy made some benchmarks on same videocard

I dont think there is something wrong with it

Those looks playable, mine does it as well, the problem here is, out of nowhere, the FPS just drop to 2-10fps, and it doesn't have to be in the most demanding area, in the middle of a sky in a game that is able to be played in your phones.

24 minutes ago, iM8Pizza said:

Those looks playable, mine does it as well, the problem here is, out of nowhere, the FPS just drop to 2-10fps, and it doesn't have to be in the most demanding area, in the middle of a sky in a game that is able to be played in your phones.

Try re-install windows maybe and put the newest drivers if before was working better

On 2/17/2020 at 5:04 PM, Ukyo82 said:

Try re-install windows maybe and put the newest drivers if before was working better

I have done that