Will this PC be able to stream/game?

Smallpoorgamer

Okay so I've been hoping to start streaming .. and I've been looking at parts for a PC build which is within my budget but I'm unsure if it would be enough for a gaming/streaming PC 

PC parts

ASRock b450 pro motherboard

And ryzen 7 2700 cpu

Gtx 1660 gpu

32 gb ddr4 ram 3000 MHz

EVGA bq 650 psu

1tb hdd 7200

I was just wondering if this is enough or am I wasting my time and money

Yes. That will definitely be able to stream/game. You probably won't even have to worry about bad framerates for the next few years - the hardware you picked is top-notch.

8 hours ago, aisle9 said:

A turd with an HDMI cable jammed into it is more powerful than a MacBook Air, and up until this year it had a better display, too.

☢️ Know Your Allergens: ☢️

Pollen | Plastic | Radiation | Antimatter

part list

Looks good to me. I stream on a ryzen 5 2600x and a GTX 1060 3gb, with little issue. You should be more than fine.

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

1 minute ago, Jae Tee said:

Looks good to me. I stream on a ryzen 5 2600x and a GTX 1060 3gb, with little issue. You should be more than fine.

Okay :) thank you ? just wanted to make sure that I wasn't wasting money 

4 minutes ago, Jae Tee said:

Thank you ? I was kinda hoping to not have to 

5 minutes ago, silicon_lottery said:

Yes. That will definitely be able to stream/game. You probably won't even have to worry about bad framerates for the next few years - the hardware you picked is top-notch.

Thank you I was hoping to be able to stream like league of legends or pubg possible Skyrim and such 

4 minutes ago, Smallpoorgamer said:

stream like league of legends

Well, you're in luck.

Even a toaster can run League.

Maybe not a toaster, but my 2010 Macbook Pro could run it at 45 fps. I played League on it fine. So your computer will be fine.

(Not least because it uses hardware which is ten years more advanced.)

Edited by silicon_lottery
clarification

A turd with an HDMI cable jammed into it is more powerful than a MacBook Air, and up until this year it had a better display, too.

part list

Just now, silicon_lottery said:

Well, you're in luck.

Even a toaster can run League.

Maybe not a toaster, but my 2010 Macbook Pro could run it at 45 fps. This is a computer from 2010, mind you. So your computer will be fine.

Lol okay thank you for reassuring me that I wasn't wasting my money 

2 minutes ago, Smallpoorgamer said:

Lol okay thank you for reassuring me that I wasn't wasting my money 

No problem, I love helping other people out. As for PUBG and Skyrim, a quick Google search shows that you can get an average of 79 fps on PUBG. Overall, most games will give you an average of 100 fps. So you'll definitely be fine.

part list

The build seems fine for your use case. If possible though, I'd Try to shell out the extra 25-50 dollars for a 1tb SSD of any kind rather than a Hard Drive, even on a budget build, It will make your entire setup that much more efficient and snappy. Good luck with the build!

Rig Main Parts

• i9 13900k
  • Z790 ROG Strix-E
  • Zotac RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo
  • NZXT Z73RGB AIO
  • 32GB G.Skill Trident Z5 6000mhz 16gbx2
  • MSI A1000G PCI5 ATX 3 1000w PSU
  • Lian Li 0-11 dynamic Razer 
  • Sandisk Extreme PRO 1TB NVME
  • Sandisk Ultra 1TB NVME
  • OCZ Trion 150 1TB SSD
  • 5 additional TT pure plus rgb 120 fans

Monitors/Peripherals

• Acer Predator x35 - 3440x1440 / 200hz 
  • LG C1 48” OLED
  • Razer Huntsman Elite Keyboard
  • Razer Basilisk Ultimate Mouse
  • Shure SRH1540 headphones
  • Schiit Hel 2E Dac/Amp
  • Blue Yeti Mic
  • KRK Rokit 8 G4 monitors
  • KRK S10.4 Subwoofer
  • Razed Enki Gaming Chair
  • Philips Hue Gaming lights
  • Fanatec GT DD Pro 8nm w/shifter, handbrake, csl pedals/clutch, and wrc wheel on Next Level Racing F-GT lite
  • Razer Panthera StFV edition fight stick
  • Razer Goliathus RGB mousepad
  • Razer Wolverine Ultimate Controller
  • PS5 Disc

23 minutes ago, Smallpoorgamer said:

PC parts

ASRock b450 pro motherboard

And ryzen 7 2700 cpu

Gtx 1660 gpu

32 gb ddr4 ram 3000 MHz

EVGA bq 650 psu

1tb hdd 7200

No SSD?

A girl who loves to love.

you've got a capable machine for sure, but as others mentioned, I'd make sure to include an SSD in here. maybe a 250 or 500 gb to start if tossing 100 for a 1tb is too much. I've got an extra 250 gb ssd i'm no longer using, was about 1.5 yrs old but i switched to a 1tb ssd with this build. I still need to take a day to move files and wipe it, but if you want I can send it your way.

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

Those 8 cores will do great for streaming with the x264 encoder as well as gaming. Also I recommend dialing down your ram to 16gb, 32gb is a bit overkill for this system. And as the others have said an SSD for your boot drive will do wonders, and you can keep the hard drive for your games.

12 hours ago, Mored said:

Those 8 cores will do great for streaming with the x264 encoder as well as gaming. Also I recommend dialing down your ram to 16gb, 32gb is a bit overkill for this system. And as the others have said an SSD for your boot drive will do wonders, and you can keep the hard drive for your games.

Some of these parts that I have some one gave me .. I bought the CPU and the GPU.. as well as the motherboard but everything else someone got be so unfortunately I do not have the money for an SSD ? later on I may be able to up grade but for now I'm kinda stuck 

23 hours ago, Smallpoorgamer said:

Some of these parts that I have some one gave me .. I bought the CPU and the GPU.. as well as the motherboard but everything else someone got be so unfortunately I do not have the money for an SSD ? later on I may be able to up grade but for now I'm kinda stuck 

Like I said I'd be happy to toss you an SSD I'm not using. It'll give you that boost and not cost you anything

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.