Ryzen 5 2400g oc, but only on light loads?

Jae Tee

Hey guys. I have a R5 2400g in an sff build used for brousing and stuff, basically no heavy work. And I want to know what kind of oc i could get and how to do it. Im using a cooler comparable to the stock one, and my board is a B450 Gigabyte Aorus. Any thoughts, suggestions, vid's, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

23 minutes ago, Jae Tee said:

Hey guys. I have a R5 2400g in an sff build used for brousing and stuff, basically no heavy work. And I want to know what kind of oc i could get and how to do it. Im using a cooler comparable to the stock one, and my board is a B450 Gigabyte Aorus. Any thoughts, suggestions, vid's, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Why OC something that isn’t used for heavy loads.  If the thing works fine it works fine.  OCing tends to shorten lifespan because high heat.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Why OC something that isn’t used for heavy loads.  If the thing works fine it works fine.  OCing tends to shorten lifespan because high heat.

I just want it to be a bit more snappy. Plus it'll help to get over some stuff if i have something that comes up.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

2 minutes ago, Jae Tee said:

I just want it to be a bit more snappy. Plus it'll help to get over some stuff if i have something that comes up.

Snappy per dollar is best served with an ssd if you don’t have one already.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Snappy per dollar is best served with an ssd if you don’t have one already.

I do. I also have good ram, and im trying to get rid of bloat ware. But next step is cpu, and i dont want to upgrade.