100% No Bottleneck

MikeMeGames

Motherboard: Asus Prime A320M-K

Ram: 1x16GB 2666hz (not good I know)

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 (Boxed and not Overclocked)

GPU: MSI RTX 2060 Super 8G Gaming X

Power Suply: BeQuit 600W

My GPU died on me after 25 Days of using it, I still had warranty and all and I got a new. (Image is from the Dead GPU)

I can play my most played Games on Ultra without any Problem like Overwatch or Sea Of Thieves, but when I play other Games like Resident Evil 2 / Devision 2 or any other Story/Multiplayer Games I get Frame drops, like I don´t even play them on Ultra Far Cry 5 for instant I play on High - Medium and it droppes under 40 sometimes. I know the Card can take more, but it just doesn´t.

Afterburner sayes my Cpu usage is arroung 40-50% and my Gpu is mostly droping from 40-60%, very rarely it is aroun 98% were the Game runs smoothly. Temp is also never more then 65% on Gpu and 55% on Cpu.

I tried reinstalling the drivers no change. Please Help.

Just scared that everything is happening again...

IMG_20200206_034229_1.jpg

Your bottleneck is your RAM. 16GB is fine but you run only one stick (single-channel) which cuts your available bandwidth in half.

17 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Your bottleneck is your RAM. 16GB is fine but you run only one stick (single-channel) which cuts your available bandwidth in half.

So my Ram is the reason my Card isn´t wroking on its full potential, thought that doesn´t matter at least not in this matter?

7 minutes ago, MikeMeGames said:

So my Ram is the reason my Card isn´t wroking on its full potential, thought that doesn´t matter at least not in this matter?

Your CPU is struggling to keep up with the slower RAM.  Your performance can only be as good as the weakest link in the system.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

1 hour ago, MikeMeGames said:

Your CPU is starved for memory bandwidth and that in turn makes the GPU do less work because it's waiting for CPU

Yeah ram is not helping for sure but what resolution are you running at ? remember its only a mid range card and probably aimed at 1080p gaming.. have had a quick loo kat some reviews and anything higher then 1080p does seem to have some frame rate drops running games maxed out.

Still its prob worth picking up some new ram really..

You should also check if you dont have a CPU bottleneck.

I know its usage is only at 50% but, lets say that you games can only use 6 threads... I think you can have those 6 threads at 100% and the other 6 are at 0% usages. And yet you have a CPU bottleneck with a 50% CPU usage.

Correct if I am wrong, but I think that's how it works.

2 hours ago, Niklos said:

You should also check if you dont have a CPU bottleneck.

I know its usage is only at 50% but, lets say that you games can only use 6 threads... I think you can have those 6 threads at 100% and the other 6 are at 0% usages. And yet you have a CPU bottleneck with a 50% CPU usage.

Correct if I am wrong, but I think that's how it works.

I'm not sure but I don't think it works *exactly* like that. In the scenario you mentioned, CPU utilization could still be greater than 50%. If the threads utilize the cores to the fullest. So with 6 threads you could have 100% CPU utilization, even if you still had another 6 threads doing nothing. I'm not completely sure though but that's how I think it goes.

6 hours ago, caldrin said:

Yeah ram is not helping for sure but what resolution are you running at ? remember its only a mid range card and probably aimed at 1080p gaming.. have had a quick loo kat some reviews and anything higher then 1080p does seem to have some frame rate drops running games maxed out.

Still its prob worth picking up some new ram really..

I do play on a 75hz Monitor at 1080p.