How tight should my laptop CPU Cooler screws be?

I have a gaming laptop (Acer Predator 17X GTX1080), I want to put a better thermal pad or paste on the CPU but I don't want to accidentally tighten the screws too much during reassembly. The screws have a spring over them, but what is the rule of thumb for tightening it and what else should I watch out for? I'm aware that Laptop cooling can be a bit weird, but my thermals are getting too high and I already tried cleaning out the fans and heatsinks but its still hot, 85+ C. I also have an external fan blowing into the intake of the laptop, not much help.

The manufacturer should have torque numbers for that one.  Laptops are not desktops.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I've used same method as with desktop screws. By hand and until they are tight, then 1/4 rotation more. Laptops have more screws and much tighter space so you can't close it if things are too loose.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv