In need of a new PC build for Gaming / After Effects

Hi LTT forum!

I am in need of a new rig but I'm not in a hurry so to say, I can wait til summer ☺️

What I do:

Gaming

After effects

Sony Vegas

I am not looking for a new GPU, waiting for next serie Nvidia, however I need a brand new cpu, motherboard and ram.

I recently started looking at AMD 3950X or 9900KS, 

However I am unsure when the next Intel serie is releasing, should I wait for it? 

I only upgrade PC like once every 8th year

Hey there,

what resolution and what refresh rate is your monitor?
what's your budget?

what does the rest of your PC look like (sufficient cooling for these CPUs? what PSU?)?

Unless your use case is actually >80% gaming @ 1080p I wouldn't bother with the 9900KS and instead take a look at the 3900X. If you upgrade every 8th year or so, chances are that you might want to get a new PSU as well. Intel is rumored to release the 10900K (10-core) within the next couple of months. We don't know if it's worth waiting yet. I doubt that it'll outperform the 3900X in productivity and the performance in games at higher resolutions is negligible - unless you are playing competitive esports titles @ strictly 1080p or something. Power draw will also most likely be .. A LOT.

3 hours ago, ShinRamen said:

Hey there,

what resolution and what refresh rate is your monitor?
what's your budget?

what does the rest of your PC look like (sufficient cooling for these CPUs? what PSU?)?

Unless your use case is actually >80% gaming @ 1080p I wouldn't bother with the 9900KS and instead take a look at the 3900X. If you upgrade every 8th year or so, chances are that you might want to get a new PSU as well. Intel is rumored to release the 10900K (10-core) within the next couple of months. We don't know if it's worth waiting yet. I doubt that it'll outperform the 3900X in productivity and the performance in games at higher resolutions is negligible - unless you are playing competitive esports titles @ strictly 1080p or something. Power draw will also most likely be .. A LOT.

Hi.

No budget (does not mean "getting the latest threadripper")

Monitor; 5K super ultrawide

I will be buying everything new but not GPU.

Do you think the Intel 10 core will beat 3950X? 

Saw some leaks today about the processor