To encourage social distancing, you must leave two blank lines at the start and end of every post, and before and after every quote. Failure to comply may result in non-essential parts of the forum closing. Click for more details. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rambo3456

Sim card issues

Posted · Original PosterOP

I keep having this issue with my phone. All of the sudden it just started saying no sim card despite my card being in my phone. I'm not sure what the issue would be i have cleaned the sim card as well as the phone to no result. I can only assume that the sim card is damaged and i need to get a new one. I put a photo bellow of the sim card i would love to get some second opinions if it looks like it wouldn't function.

IMG_20200216_193343_3.jpg

Sent From The TechMaster Himself

Thanks For All The Help - Rambo3456

14 minutes ago, Rambo3456 said:

I keep having this issue with my phone. All of the sudden it just started saying no sim card despite my card being in my phone. I'm not sure what the issue would be i have cleaned the sim card as well as the phone to no result. I can only assume that the sim card is damaged and i need to get a new one. I put a photo bellow of the sim card i would love to get some second opinions if it looks like it wouldn't function.

Contact your phone carrier and get a replacement SIM, or visit a retail/kiosk location to test another SIM card. This will rule out whether it's your SIM card, or the SIM card slot in the phone itself.

Desktop: KRySTaLoGi-PC Build Log (i7-4790K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Bell - Unlimited Calling & Texting + 10GB Data
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | HP Touchpad | ASUS ME302C
Camera: Canon SX280 + Rebel T1i (500D) | Sony HDR-AS50R | Panasonic DMC-TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

I myself have had sim cards go bad. The only thing that sucks for me is TMobile charges for new sims. But its a real possiblility that the sim just died on you. Id have to concur with @kirashi, get with your carrier and get a new sim. 

On 2/16/2020 at 7:38 PM, Rambo3456 said:

IMG_20200216_193343_3.jpg

Either the card itself is bad because of <insert reason here>, or internally your phone cannot recognize the card because <insert reason here>. To rule it out, do what @kirashi said and swap it for a new one at a retail store. I don't know what carrier you're on, but on Verizon if you visit a corporate store SIM cards are free. Give it a shot.

If your phone recognizes it then it was the card itself...if it doesn't then we know something went wrong internally with the phone.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | RAM: Crucial 16GB @ 1866MHz |

GPU: EVGA GTX 980Ti Hybrid | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Formula VII | 

Monitor: ROG Swift P278Q | Case: Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX | PSU: Seasonic 860W