Elgato capture card not working?

Hey everyone how goes it?

So the other day I went out and bought myself an Elgato HD60 S capture card...it requires a USB 3.0 connection in order to work. I have 3 USB-A 3.0 ports on my laptop and one USB-C 3.0 port. No matter what I've tried I can't seem to get OBS or the card itself to recognize that I'm plugging it into a USB 3.0 port. It's passing through HDMI to HDMI perfectly fine. I can see things on my TV, but not in my capture software. I'm using a ROG GL503 laptop (I know BLEH GAMING LAPTOP but i'm in a dorm room with another person...) Here are the USB controllers on my motherboard: 

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A12F&SUBSYS_201F1043&REV_31
USB\VID_13D3&PID_5666&REV_0322
USB\ROOT_HUB30&VID8086&PIDA12F&REV0031

I've made sure webcams are enabled, installed new bios and drivers, changed which port I was plugging the capture card into different USB 3.0 ports, disabling and re-enabling the device in device manager...not sure what else I can do. Device manager is saying the device is working properly. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to fix this issue? Thanks everyone :3

Does the capture card require some kind of software/special driver to work correctly?

A girl who loves to love.

3 minutes ago, Aimi said:

Does the capture card require some kind of software/special driver to work correctly?

If it does, any drivers I've downloaded from Elgato won't work correctly. Even tried with their own capture software, got the same error. 

7 minutes ago, Pankakes said:

If it does, any drivers I've downloaded from Elgato won't work correctly. Even tried with their own capture software, got the same error. 

Maybe contact Elgato about it? If it ends up being a flawed unit you should be under a warranty for replacement.

A girl who loves to love.