My Parents Don't Like Gaming

otherworldlynob
2 hours ago, otherworldlynob said:

As I said, how would I buy the game?

Ah... Hm...

Just asking for clarification, in what way are you planning to buy your PC/laptop/games? Cash? Credit/Debit? Other online payment services? Also, who is in physical control of the money that you're planning on spending?

I've taken a quick glance at the long story, and -- correct me if I am wrong -- my current understanding is this:

• You cannot spend any money towards games and a gaming device.
  • You would like a new gaming device (not sure if you're going for a laptop or PC).

As always, more details would be appreciated. What's the current state of your negotiations, and what steps have you taken in your attempts to convince your parents to satisfy your wants?

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

41 minutes ago, Eschew said:

Ah... Hm...

Just asking for clarification, in what way are you planning to buy your PC/laptop/games? Cash? Credit/Debit? Other online payment services? Also, who is in physical control of the money that you're planning on spending?

I've taken a quick glance at the long story, and -- correct me if I am wrong -- my current understanding is this:

• You would like a new gaming device (not sure if you're going for a laptop or PC).

As always, more details would be appreciated. What's the current state of your negotiations, and what steps have you taken in your attempts to convince your parents to satisfy your wants?

Well, right now I have given my dad my essay. It was "the dumbest thing I've ever read" to him. I also wrote "please explain why you don't like gaming" but he ignored that so, erm..

I'm currently in the beginning stages and I feel it's almost time to make my next move. Suggestions are appreciated.

2 minutes ago, otherworldlynob said:

Suggestions are appreciated.

Your fucked. They will probably not change their minds. Some parents are that way. Which is why my friends ended up moving out of their parents house when they turned legal age. I still live with mine, but they dont dictate how I use my money. Even when I was a kid, I was able to spend what I wanted, though I saved for the most part. 

So outside waiting until your legal age and have a job, there is not much I can suggest. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

49 minutes ago, otherworldlynob said:

Suggestions are appreciated.

My suggestion has already been mentioned to you before: patience and empathy. Playing the waiting game isn't meant to be punishment, it's meant to be a a chance at maturity. And if waiting doesn't appeal to you, then try to understand the opposition so that you can defeat convince the opposition to your side. But, you clearly want a faster and non-confrontational way to resolve your problems.

Let's recap. (You haven't corrected my previous post, so I will assume my conclusions there to be correct.)

• You want a way to get a new gaming device that does not take years and that is non-confrontational.

I believe we're a friendly community, and we're doing our best to help you, but we aren't miracle workers.

Also, I noticed you skipped my questions about your planned purchases. You're entitled to your privacy, of course, but I'll justify my reasons for asking all the same. (So I don't look like some scammer freak.)

1 hour ago, Eschew said:

Just asking for clarification, in what way are you planning to buy your PC/laptop/games? Also, who is in physical control of the money that you're planning on spending?

• The first question will let us know what paths and alternatives are open in your situation. For example, if you only have cash available, our suggestion that you get Stadia won't help matters.
  • The second might clarify the reason why you "cannot" spend your money on a new gaming system. I've been rather confused about this issue.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

40 minutes ago, Eschew said:

My suggestion has already been mentioned to you before: patience and empathy. Playing the waiting game isn't meant to be punishment, it's meant to be a a chance at maturity. And if waiting doesn't appeal to you, then try to understand the opposition so that you can defeat convince the opposition to your side. But, you clearly want a faster and non-confrontational way to resolve your problems.

Let's recap. (You haven't corrected my previous post, so I will assume my conclusions there to be correct.)

• You want a way to get a new gaming device that does not take years and that is non-confrontational.

I believe we're a friendly community, and we're doing our best to help you, but we aren't miracle workers.

Also, I noticed you skipped my questions about your planned purchases. You're entitled to your privacy, of course, but I'll justify my reasons for asking all the same. (So I don't look like some scammer freak.)

• The first question will let us know what paths and alternatives are open in your situation. For example, if you only have cash available, our suggestion that you get Stadia won't help matters.
  • The second might clarify the reason why you "cannot" spend your money on a new gaming system. I've been rather confused about this issue.

I would be ordering PC parts online. So basically the money is in my wallet in a drawer in the kitchen. I can technically take it out although they don't really want me to use it. One time I tried to buy a giftcard or something and they didn't let me. I'm actually not sure about this lol.

Hey man it really sounds like you're out of options and everyone will present you with ideas, but you know that it just wont cut it. I hate to do this but I think we all know what you really have to do.

You have to kill your parents.

Good luck friend!

no-stress.png

3 hours ago, otherworldlynob said:

As I said, how would I buy the game?

ah right, i misunderstood sorry.

before i got my own debit card i used friends with debit cards and/or paypal to circumnavigate my parents when buying games. they'd buy it for me and i'd give them the cash, is that something you'd be able to do?

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

29 minutes ago, otherworldlynob said:

I would be ordering PC parts online. So basically the money is in my wallet in a drawer in the kitchen. I can technically take it out although they don't really want me to use it. One time I tried to buy a giftcard or something and they didn't let me. I'm actually not sure about this lol.

Really is a tough spot to be in.
Also annoying as hell, I'm sure you can easily spot the ways they are not spending wisely too... as adults.

(Don't bring this up to them about spending their own money on (what you think are) useless things, it'll make it worse when you criticize them)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

1 minute ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Really is a tough spot to be in at your age.

Yeah any preteen age or tweens.

13 minutes ago, Citadelen said:

ah right, i misunderstood sorry.

before i got my own debit card i used friends with debit cards and/or paypal to circumnavigate my parents when buying games. they'd buy it for me and i'd give them the cash, is that something you'd be able to do?

Nope, they wouldn't let me spend money on anything remotely gaming related

7 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Really is a tough spot to be in.
Also annoying as hell, I'm sure you can easily spot the ways they are not spending wisely too... as adults.

(Don't bring this up to them about spending their own money on (what you think are) useless things, it'll make it worse when you criticize them)

I consider them to be quite smart, but I suppose every person has their downfalls.

What hobbies would they like for you to do? Sports?

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

3 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

What hobbies would they like for you to do? Sports?

I'm not very athletic, so not really.

I honestly don't know what they want. I play an instrument, I'm really good in school, and I have a lot of free time. Idrk.

Alright, I'm getting increasingly concerned now. 

I had a few articles open about the benefits of gaming and a notepad on the side with notes about them. Well my dad turned the laptop off because nobody was using it as I meant to leave it there for him to read, and I said, "hey, my notes were open." He replies, "they were dumb notes." I mean these were multiple trusted and well-known sources such as The Verge, National Geographic, and a few eye care centers or whatever.

On 2/16/2020 at 2:16 PM, otherworldlynob said:

I'm looking for some advice.

So I can't actually game because I have a trash laptop. I'm currently a minor and can't get a job, meaning I have to depend on my parents to do that for me. The issue is, my parents don't like gaming. No, money is not a problem, I have some saved up, although not really enough for a decent system. Now even if I do a lemonade stand or whatever like you guys will say, they won't actually let me use my money to buy stuff for gaming. No, I can't buy a console, either. I don't have any way to buy stuff online either. 

I wrote my dad a 5 page essay about why he should get me a gaming PC and how everything like that works. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A3QxJtm9LUl2TxslCc0Peaw8s-br7W2-Jk8c4aq1-Ew/edit?usp=sharing
I waited to give it to him. At one point he asked me, "Why don't you make money by doing videos like those people?" I'm like, ah, excellent opportunity, and I brandish my 5 page essay after saying "Let me explain why."

Well, he reads for twenty seconds and then stops and announces it's just an excuse for gaming. Wonderful.

I really have no idea what to do now. I mean, no, I can't buy anything with money I make because they wouldn't let me, so please don't say that like everyone else I've asked
What do you guys think I should you? This really means a lot to me. Anyway, as I stated in the essay, this would also allow me to do programming and stuff. My current specs:
i7-8550U @ 2GHz
Intel UHD Graphics 620
8GB DDR4-2666MHz RAM
This is all packed in my epic trash HP laptop which I place on the arm of a couch and keep my generic Logitech wireless mouse on the arm of the sofa next to it.

Thanks!

My first computer had a Celeron, 512mb of ram (if that) a 40GB HDD and onboard graphics. You wanna talk about some trash specs lmao

When you're working a job that isn't streaming, you don't really get to play games. My laptop has an RTX 2070 and it mostly sits there being a paper weight.

14 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

My first computer had a Celeron, 512mb of ram (if that) a 40GB HDD and onboard graphics. You wanna talk about some trash specs lmao

When you're working a job that isn't streaming, you don't really get to play games. My laptop has an RTX 2070 and it mostly sits there being a paper weight.

can I have the paper weight-

3 hours ago, otherworldlynob said:

I had a few articles open about the benefits of gaming and a notepad on the side with notes about them. Well my dad turned the laptop off because nobody was using it as I meant to leave it there for him to read, and I said, "hey, my notes were open." He replies, "they were dumb notes."

Hey there, again.

• You seem to be very hard at work at the moment -- fanatically so -- and I can tell that gaming is very important to you. Take a one- or two-day break from your mission and reflect on the deeper reason behind your motivation for gaming. I don't want some textbook answer taken off the Internet. What is at stake, here? What do you stand to lose, if you aren't allowed to game at all? If you can answer this question and feel 100% justified and 100% unashamed about it, you might stand a chance at convincing your father.
  • I'm getting the feeling that your father doesn't seem to respect your opinion and/or is treating you like a child. If that's the case, I might suggest that you earn his respect before you continue trying to convince him to your point of view. If you ask me, "How?", I'll turn that question back at you and ask, "How does someone gain respect or mature?" If the question makes you pause and think, then good, you're on the right track.

You said your father didn't read the entirety of your essay, and after giving it a quick read, I can understand why. I'm going to be blunt: the essay is not good. However, it isn't "dumb" or "stupid," it is simply "not good." If you want my full opinion, you can unveil the spoiler below. Of course, I understand that you didn't specifically ask for anyone's review of your text, so you're free to ignore my criticisms if you wish.

Spoiler
  • First, a wall of text is a very poor way to convey your opinion to someone. It suggests you lack the confidence to talk to them about the issue, and it doesn't give the opposition a timely or elegant way to object to something you've written. Face-to-face communication would be better.
  • It doesn't hold my attention. You begin your essay with three paragraphs begging the reader to read through your essay. Do not beg. You should be a confident young man, and should feel justified about your mission. Get to the point.
  • Providing links in your hard-copy, paper essay and expecting your father to magically or patiently understand the link's contents seems irrational to me. Consider this: your father is stubbornly opposed to your point of view, and believes this exercise is a waste of his time and yours. Do you think he would sit down by his desk, sip his coffee, and scroll through every single article you've referenced?
  • There is too much information in the essay that is irrelevant to your main point. Your main point is to convince your father that you deserve to purchase and own a gaming device. Your father doesn't need to know what each part of a PC is used for or how to build a PC, he needs to know why this gaming hobby is important to you.
  • I'm balking at your proposal that your father front up 64% of the costs while you divvy up a mere 36%. If you want your father to treat you like an adult, prove to him that you can be independent. Treat him like an equal. Consider this: when he bought your family's home or his own laptop, did he come asking you for your money?
  • Also, this is your independent project. Your father doesn't have any stake in your gaming device. Put your foot down and set a specific budget for your PC/laptop. If $500 is the maximum amount that you feel comfortable paying, then settle with a $500 PC or laptop. Be reasonable with your goals.
  • You can talk about how this gaming setup will benefit you as a person, but try to think about more ways it could also work in your father's favor as well. For example, a good parent will look out for his/her child's future, so I approve of the way you tied in learning new IT skills and future monetary profit in your essay.
  • Be respectful to your audience, and do not patronize your reader. Do not demand that they "simply have to accept" something as fact or that they should "do [their] research," especially considering that you are the pleading party. Also, if you would like your father's opinion on gaming, consider phrasing it in a less aggressive tone. Instead of "Why do you not like gaming?" consider "What do you think is wrong with gaming?" Whereas the first question demands justification for an opinion, the second question opens up a question for debate.
  • I would not suggest relying on "scientific" studies to convince your father, unless he is well-connected with the tech industry and understands which sources to believe and which to disregard. These "studies" will hold as much weight as me trying to convince you that, based on some random study I looked up on Google, organic vegetables are better for your health.
  • Because your father called your essay "dumb/stupid," I heavily doubt that writing a better essay will change his mind. You're free to write another one if you wish, of course. Passion should never be discouraged. I'm only stating my opinion.
  • I understand I am being critical here, and that is on purpose. If you believe yourself to be a young man who deserves a gaming machine of his own, I will respect that belief and I'll treat you accordingly. Congratulations for reaching the end of my review. +1 Respect.

Bear in mind that these are my opinions, so please take them with a hefty grain of salt. Sprinkle that salt into your dinner and chew on it slowly, carefully, thoughtfully, before swallowing it down.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

1 hour ago, Eschew said:

Hey there, again.

• You seem to be very hard at work at the moment -- fanatically so -- and I can tell that gaming is very important to you. Take a one- or two-day break from your mission and reflect on the deeper reason behind your motivation for gaming. I don't want some textbook answer taken off the Internet. What is at stake, here? What do you stand to lose, if you aren't allowed to game at all? If you can answer this question and feel 100% justified and 100% unashamed about it, you might stand a chance at convincing your father.
  • I'm getting the feeling that your father doesn't seem to respect your opinion and/or is treating you like a child. If that's the case, I might suggest that you earn his respect before you continue trying to convince him to your point of view. If you ask me, "How?", I'll turn that question back at you and ask, "How does someone gain respect or mature?" If the question makes you pause and think, then good, you're on the right track.

You said your father didn't read the entirety of your essay, and after giving it a quick read, I can understand why. I'm going to be blunt: the essay is not good. However, it isn't "dumb" or "stupid," it is simply "not good." If you want my full opinion, you can unveil the spoiler below. Of course, I understand that you didn't specifically ask for anyone's review of your text, so you're free to ignore my criticisms if you wish.

Reveal hidden contents
  • First, a wall of text is a very poor way to convey your opinion to someone. It suggests you lack the confidence to talk to them about the issue, and it doesn't give the opposition a timely or elegant way to object to something you've written. Face-to-face communication would be better.
  • It doesn't hold my attention. You begin your essay with three paragraphs begging the reader to read through your essay. Do not beg. You should be a confident young man, and should feel justified about your mission. Get to the point.
  • Providing links in your hard-copy, paper essay and expecting your father to magically or patiently understand the link's contents seems irrational to me. Consider this: your father is stubbornly opposed to your point of view, and believes this exercise is a waste of his time and yours. Do you think he would sit down by his desk, sip his coffee, and scroll through every single article you've referenced?
  • There is too much information in the essay that is irrelevant to your main point. Your main point is to convince your father that you deserve to purchase and own a gaming device. Your father doesn't need to know what each part of a PC is used for or how to build a PC, he needs to know why this gaming hobby is important to you.
  • I'm balking at your proposal that your father front up 64% of the costs while you divvy up a mere 36%. If you want your father to treat you like an adult, prove to him that you can be independent. Treat him like an equal. Consider this: when he bought your family's home or his own laptop, did he come asking you for your money?
  • Also, this is your independent project. Your father doesn't have any stake in your gaming device. Put your foot down and set a specific budget for your PC/laptop. If $500 is the maximum amount that you feel comfortable paying, then settle with a $500 PC or laptop. Be reasonable with your goals.
  • You can talk about how this gaming setup will benefit you as a person, but try to think about more ways it could also work in your father's favor as well. For example, a good parent will look out for his/her child's future, so I approve of the way you tied in learning new IT skills and future monetary profit in your essay.
  • Be respectful to your audience, and do not patronize your reader. Do not demand that they "simply have to accept" something as fact or that they should "do [their] research," especially considering that you are the pleading party. Also, if you would like your father's opinion on gaming, consider phrasing it in a less aggressive tone. Instead of "Why do you not like gaming?" consider "What do you think is wrong with gaming?" Whereas the first question demands justification for an opinion, the second question opens up a question for debate.
  • I would not suggest relying on "scientific" studies to convince your father, unless he is well-connected with the tech industry and understands which sources to believe and which to disregard. These "studies" will hold as much weight as me trying to convince you that, based on some random study I looked up on Google, organic vegetables are better for your health.
  • Because your father called your essay "dumb/stupid," I heavily doubt that writing a better essay will change his mind. You're free to write another one if you wish, of course. Passion should never be discouraged. I'm only stating my opinion.
  • I understand I am being critical here, and that is on purpose. If you believe yourself to be a young man who deserves a gaming machine of his own, I will respect that belief and I'll treat you accordingly. Congratulations for reaching the end of my review. +1 Respect.

Bear in mind that these are my opinions, so please take them with a hefty grain of salt. Sprinkle that salt into your dinner and chew on it slowly, carefully, thoughtfully, before swallowing it down.

I appreciate the feedback. This is some seriously helpful stuff. 

Honestly I understand the need for a break, and I'm planning to go to a LAN center for the first time this weekend to remind myself of why I'm doing what I'm doing- honestly never having a true gaming experience really means you don't know what you want, and giving myself that experience, I believe, will give me the confidence, understanding, and drive to actually accomplish my goals.

As for earning my dad's respect.. that's no direct and straightforward thing. I'm certain that I haven't really been disappointing to him but true respect is another matter. That will take time. A long time. However, if it is the path that must be taken, then it shall be taken.

Good evening. 

I created an account to address this issue, and evidently you are over 13 as if you were not you could not, legally, be using this site. If you are under 13, you certainly wouldn't say, but I recommend you bide your time and be respectful to your father.

Under the aforementioned stipulation, I am unsatisfied with your previous statements in regards to your father not wanting to speak to you about gaming. Unfortunately, the advice I am going to give requires a strong rhetoric; a weak rhetoric leads to inexorable argumentative failure in every debate.

In any case, you should ideally have an adult conversation with your father: probe his distaste. So far, he has given you nebulous and curt responses to your pleas, presumably out of disinterest, concern, or disdain. Ask for specifics. Your logos approach is evidently not working.

Currently, your father seemingly despises gaming. He knows what you have is enough for school-related purposes, thus that argument will not work. Drop it. Before you even get him to think about spending his money on a system, because he will be spending a lot of it for you, you need to speak to him about why he feels this way about your interest. Does he even know that you are passionate about it? Are you passionate about gaming- no, really dwell on that answer. What compels you to play games? 

Ideally, you want your father to understand your interest. What are his interests? Is he trying to spend time with you? I saw in the thread that you don't know what your parents want you to do; you have a lot of spare time. Make inquiries about what your parents want for you. How do they want you to be content?

If I may continue to opine, I do not recommend pursuing the essay at this point. Speaking is more important at this point in time. In addition, when you are able to have a reasonable discussion with your father, be overt with your intentions. If you want to play FPSes, tell them. If you want to play time-consuming MMORPGs, tell them. They will find out eventually what you're doing, and if you are transparent with them, they will feel more comfortable (maybe even encouraging) of your hobby. All of this comes under the heavy stipulation you prioritize schoolwork, which should be implied when speaking to your parents. I personally don't buy the half-assed excuse of 'playing educational games' or using a gaming rig for 'schoolwork.' It's for a hobby like any other. Do not be didactic about computer parts with your father before he has a quantum of interest in gaming in general!

When describing which games you want to play (have this ready when preparing and discussing your argument), I hope and expect your game critique isn't as pedestrian as, for instance, your dislike of Fortnite being attributed to 'the stupid dances', an infinitesimal component of the game (I do not play Fortnite, but I do know the emotes are not the defining feature of the game). Be eloquent. 

Pardon the elongated ramble; it's late and I am tired. To conclude, you must rely on strong rhetoric and persistence to have a modicum of a chance of achieving your goal, which should be clearly defined.

P.S. I am new to the forum, so if it is not okay to ask this, please ignore the question, but how old are you? I was able to work at 15 and had enough money to get an excellent rig within 8 months. Your age is a decisive factor in this argument and will help me if you choose to respond to me.

P.P.S. Written on mobile. Pardon any mistakes/formatting fumbles.

7 hours ago, DASmallWorlds said:

Good evening. 

I created an account to address this issue, and evidently you are over 13 as if you were not you could not, legally, be using this site. If you are under 13, you certainly wouldn't say, but I recommend you bide your time and be respectful to your father.

Under the aforementioned stipulation, I am unsatisfied with your previous statements in regards to your father not wanting to speak to you about gaming. Unfortunately, the advice I am going to give requires a strong rhetoric; a weak rhetoric leads to inexorable argumentative failure in every debate.

In any case, you should ideally have an adult conversation with your father: probe his distaste. So far, he has given you nebulous and curt responses to your pleas, presumably out of disinterest, concern, or disdain. Ask for specifics. Your logos approach is evidently not working.

Currently, your father seemingly despises gaming. He knows what you have is enough for school-related purposes, thus that argument will not work. Drop it. Before you even get him to think about spending his money on a system, because he will be spending a lot of it for you, you need to speak to him about why he feels this way about your interest. Does he even know that you are passionate about it? Are you passionate about gaming- no, really dwell on that answer. What compels you to play games? 

Ideally, you want your father to understand your interest. What are his interests? Is he trying to spend time with you? I saw in the thread that you don't know what your parents want you to do; you have a lot of spare time. Make inquiries about what your parents want for you. How do they want you to be content?

If I may continue to opine, I do not recommend pursuing the essay at this point. Speaking is more important at this point in time. In addition, when you are able to have a reasonable discussion with your father, be overt with your intentions. If you want to play FPSes, tell them. If you want to play time-consuming MMORPGs, tell them. They will find out eventually what you're doing, and if you are transparent with them, they will feel more comfortable (maybe even encouraging) of your hobby. All of this comes under the heavy stipulation you prioritize schoolwork, which should be implied when speaking to your parents. I personally don't buy the half-assed excuse of 'playing educational games' or using a gaming rig for 'schoolwork.' It's for a hobby like any other. Do not be didactic about computer parts with your father before he has a quantum of interest in gaming in general!

When describing which games you want to play (have this ready when preparing and discussing your argument), I hope and expect your game critique isn't as pedestrian as, for instance, your dislike of Fortnite being attributed to 'the stupid dances', an infinitesimal component of the game (I do not play Fortnite, but I do know the emotes are not the defining feature of the game). Be eloquent. 

Pardon the elongated ramble; it's late and I am tired. To conclude, you must rely on strong rhetoric and persistence to have a modicum of a chance of achieving your goal, which should be clearly defined.

P.S. I am new to the forum, so if it is not okay to ask this, please ignore the question, but how old are you? I was able to work at 15 and had enough money to get an excellent rig within 8 months. Your age is a decisive factor in this argument and will help me if you choose to respond to me.

P.P.S. Written on mobile. Pardon any mistakes/formatting fumbles.

There's a few years until I can work a job.

The rest of the advice is extremely helpful. Thank you. Funny how the most helpful responses come a week after the post.

Anyways, yes, I completely understand this can't be for "schoolwork". I don't know why people suggested that to me or what they expected.

This is a lot of stuff to take in, and I'm sure it will be a little while before I can start wholeheartedly attempting to convince my dad about all of these things; however, it will certainly be interesting what happens when the process begins.

I really appreciate your advice; extremely helpful and gives me a process, a path to take in order to succeed.

2 hours ago, otherworldlynob said:

Good evening. 

I created an account to address this issue

seems strangely coincidental

Hey, didn't read everything here, but here's my 2 cents:

Geforce now ;) or Dota2/lol, indie titles like Necrodancer, Hollow Knight or FTL.

Otherwise be active, do martial arts, put time into hw, show yourself as a responsible fellow, and read a book time to time outside of school curriculum - parents should be ok with giving you some gaming time, and if they don't trust your gametime restraining ability, there is always parental control options to limit your gaming.

21 hours ago, rikitikitavi said:

Hey, didn't read everything here, but here's my 2 cents:

Geforce now ;) or Dota2/lol, indie titles like Necrodancer, Hollow Knight or FTL.

Otherwise be active, do martial arts, put time into hw, show yourself as a responsible fellow, and read a book time to time outside of school curriculum - parents should be ok with giving you some gaming time, and if they don't trust your gametime restraining ability, there is always parental control options to limit your gaming.

I used to do martial arts, but I quit since it was overpriced.

I put time into homework, read a lot of books, and I feel I am responsible.

some parents work differently than others.

On 2/23/2020 at 2:19 PM, greenmax said:

seems strangely coincidental

In case you didn't notice, the message you quoted is from a quote that I quoted.