Odd Temperatures While Overclocking

RedxYeti

Z-390 e Gaming
I9-9900k @ 4.8ghz and 1.26v
Corsair H115i Pro

So while I was overclocking I noticed something weird with the temps. I sit around 60c with prime95 running but around 10-15 minutes in it's like something triggers. It starts slowly climbing in temps until I stop the test. At first I thought it was the corsair AIO liquid heating up. I dont think this is the case though because if i stop the test and then start it again, its like nothing happened and its hanging around 60c again. 

Any idea whats happening when the temp spikes like that?

2 minutes ago, RedxYeti said:

Z-390 e Gaming
I9-9900k @ 4.8ghz and 1.26v
Corsair H115i Pro

So while I was overclocking I noticed something weird with the temps. I sit around 60c with prime95 running but around 10-15 minutes in it's like something triggers. It starts slowly climbing in temps until I stop the test. At first I thought it was the corsair AIO liquid heating up. I dont think this is the case thoughth because if i stop the test and then start it again, its like nothing happened and its hanging around 60c again. 

Any idea whats happening when the temp spikes like that?

probably hits a different part of the prime 95 run where it's producing more heat like a certain size of small fft or whatever those were called. If your running blended tests that would make sense

4 minutes ago, Arrogath said:

probably hits a different part of the prime 95 run where it's producing more heat like a certain size of small fft or whatever those were called. If your running blended tests that would make sense

yes I am running blended test, thank you.

I am a bit newer to overclocking so I guess my next question is: should I take those higher temp parts of the test with a grain of salt or factor it in more seriously with my OC?

2 hours ago, RedxYeti said:

yes I am running blended test, thank you.

I am a bit newer to overclocking so I guess my next question is: should I take those higher temp parts of the test with a grain of salt or factor it in more seriously with my OC?

kind of depends what you're doing with it. If you're going to do intensive loads like folding at home for extended durations it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to keep those maximum temperatures in mind. If I'm being honest though, many overclockers aren't too concerned with those specific cases when it's stable and cool enough for their intended task