Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RedxYeti

Odd Temperatures While Overclocking

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Z-390 e Gaming
I9-9900k @ 4.8ghz and 1.26v
Corsair H115i Pro


So while I was overclocking I noticed something weird with the temps. I sit around 60c with prime95 running but around 10-15 minutes in it's like something triggers. It starts slowly climbing in temps until I stop the test. At first I thought it was the corsair AIO liquid heating up. I dont think this is the case though because if i stop the test and then start it again, its like nothing happened and its hanging around 60c again. 

Any idea whats happening when the temp spikes like that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RedxYeti said:

Z-390 e Gaming
I9-9900k @ 4.8ghz and 1.26v
Corsair H115i Pro


So while I was overclocking I noticed something weird with the temps. I sit around 60c with prime95 running but around 10-15 minutes in it's like something triggers. It starts slowly climbing in temps until I stop the test. At first I thought it was the corsair AIO liquid heating up. I dont think this is the case thoughth because if i stop the test and then start it again, its like nothing happened and its hanging around 60c again. 

Any idea whats happening when the temp spikes like that?

probably hits a different part of the prime 95 run where it's producing more heat like a certain size of small fft or whatever those were called. If your running blended tests that would make sense

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, Arrogath said:

probably hits a different part of the prime 95 run where it's producing more heat like a certain size of small fft or whatever those were called. If your running blended tests that would make sense

yes I am running blended test, thank you.

I am a bit newer to overclocking so I guess my next question is: should I take those higher temp parts of the test with a grain of salt or factor it in more seriously with my OC?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RedxYeti said:

yes I am running blended test, thank you.

I am a bit newer to overclocking so I guess my next question is: should I take those higher temp parts of the test with a grain of salt or factor it in more seriously with my OC?

kind of depends what you're doing with it. If you're going to do intensive loads like folding at home for extended durations it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to keep those maximum temperatures in mind. If I'm being honest though, many overclockers aren't too concerned with those specific cases when it's stable and cool enough for their intended task

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×