Possible VR GPU Bottleneck

The specs of the system in question are a Ryzen 3 2200g and a Gigabyte Gaming 4G Radeon RX570.

I've recently been getting into VR and bought an Oculus Quest for Christmas. I built my system in January of last year and haven't upgraded since. I've been trying to run H3VR on my Quest via the Oculus Link service with SteamVR but have been experiencing stuttering and frame lag, as well as input lag and other performance related issues while ingame or in the SteamVR home. Sometimes it takes three seconds for the trigger pull to register and the weapon I'm holding to fire, as well as movement being jittery and generally inconsistent. In the SteamVR performance test app that valve recommends players use to see if their system is good enough to run VR, it says that my GPU, listed at the top of this topic, will hinder my performance significantly due to the only 4GB of GDDR5 memory.     

I guess what I'm asking is if anyone can throw in their thoughts as to whether or not this is a CPU or GPU issue? I was considering upgrading both since there are much better options out now. I'm essentially just looking for any reason to not have to upgrade because I lack the funds right now. I'm hoping that some issue arises that isn't a problem with either my CPU or GPU and I will be able to obtain the play experience I desire without having to upgrade. However, if anyone here thinks that the only way to fix my issues is to upgrade one or both of these components, I will gladly do so. 

If upgrading is my only option, I was considering a 2600x and a Gigabyte Gaming OC 8gb RX5500xt, if anyone was wondering.

going from RX570 to RX5500XT is a waste of money, they perform roughly the same. 

I am sure that the RX570 is good enough for most of not all current games in VR since I was able to play some grames even with a lot weaker GTX 1050 2GB.

I don't have experience with the Link on Oculus Quest but maybe that's what's causing the issue? 

3 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I don't have experience with the Link on Oculus Quest but maybe that's what's causing the issue? 

Aside from my hardware just not being up to par, the only other things it could potentially be are the cord I'm using to link or the USB-C port on the expansion card that I bought. But I highly doubt that it's either of those because the cord is rated very highly on amazon and it specifically made for use with the Oculus link, and the problems still persist whether the cable is plugged into the C port on the expansion card OR an A-3.0 port on the board with an adapter. At this point the only other thing I could do is return my Quest and get a Rift S which is specifically made for PC tethered use, instead of trying to connect my standalone headset to my PC.

i use a rx 570 for vr with my rift s and it works perfectly with h3vr so it is not a gpu problem

2 hours ago, sniffytheman said:

i use a rx 570 for vr with my rift s and it works perfectly with h3vr so it is not a gpu problem

Thanks. The other thing I'm considering is that my CPU needs upgrading, or my cord is messed up. I'll look into others who have had similar problems and make my decision once I have the information I need.