Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MorderNo

[Replacing Cooler] Arctic Accelero Twin turbo III for GTX 970

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello everyone ! 

 

So I have issues with my current GTX 970 from Zotac. The fans are superloud, one of them even fell, they are not cooling anything anymore the GPU is going extreme temperatures. 

 

Inshort , I need either a New GPU or a New cooler ! But let's forget about a New GPU since i'm waiting for the 3000 séries ! 

 

After searching a bit the Arctic accelero twin turbo III .! 

 

Do you guys have any other cooler that I could take for "cheap" Or any feedback on this one ? 

Not easy to mount as I read but it will be ok I Guess

 

Thanks for Reading and for all the help ! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was in your situation but with a 370 4GB and a Twin Turbo II. It's not the sexiest cooler but man it does a stupidly good job of cooling cards. I could have the fans barely moving and the card would stay well under 80C under full load.

 

 

Don't get the III, get the II. The backplate is stupid and pointless, and it's not worth the extra money.


Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: Dell G2410T and two Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: Northgate Omnikey Ultra Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL with stitched edge Headset:  Sennheiser HD598SE

 

I like old-ass keyboards, Volvos, Thinkpads, and fountain pens.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MorderNo said:

And it fit perfectly on the GTX970, brand doenst matter i Guess ?

Don't forget to quote me. Had I clicked off the thread I wouldn't have seen your reply.

 

 

Yes, it should work. Mine was plug and play (so to speak).


Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: Dell G2410T and two Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: Northgate Omnikey Ultra Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL with stitched edge Headset:  Sennheiser HD598SE

 

I like old-ass keyboards, Volvos, Thinkpads, and fountain pens.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Don't forget to quote me. Had I clicked off the thread I wouldn't have seen your reply.

 

 

Yes, it should work. Mine was plug and play (so to speak).

Yes sorry I forgot ! 

 

I ll try that If noone Come up with a better Idea :) Thx !

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MorderNo said:

Yes sorry I forgot ! 

 

I ll try that If noone Come up with a better Idea :) Thx !

Yeah it's probably your best bet. Awesome cooler and fits basically everything.


Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: Dell G2410T and two Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: Northgate Omnikey Ultra Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL with stitched edge Headset:  Sennheiser HD598SE

 

I like old-ass keyboards, Volvos, Thinkpads, and fountain pens.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Yeah it's probably your best bet. Awesome cooler and fits basically everything.

Looks like they doesnt sell the 2 Anymore. not on their site nor Amazon... Gonna take a bit of research

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MorderNo said:

Looks like they doesnt sell the 2 Anymore. not on their site nor Amazon... Gonna take a bit of research

I have one from my 370. Good shape, and I removed one of the stickers so you can't see the ugly sticker when it's mounted in a case.

 

 

If you're in Canada PM me and maybe we can figure something out. I won't give it away for free but if you pay shipping I'm willing to lose money on it.


Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: Dell G2410T and two Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: Northgate Omnikey Ultra Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL with stitched edge Headset:  Sennheiser HD598SE

 

I like old-ass keyboards, Volvos, Thinkpads, and fountain pens.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

I have one from my 370. Good shape, and I removed one of the stickers so you can't see the ugly sticker when it's mounted in a case.

 

 

If you're in Canada PM me and maybe we can figure something out. I won't give it away for free but if you pay shipping I'm willing to lose money on it.

I'm in Belgium, the fees gonna be too expensive to ship I think

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MorderNo said:

I'm in Belgium, the fees gonna be too expensive to ship I think

Yeah, not worth it. Sorry.

 


I'd still look used.


Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: Dell G2410T and two Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: Northgate Omnikey Ultra Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL with stitched edge Headset:  Sennheiser HD598SE

 

I like old-ass keyboards, Volvos, Thinkpads, and fountain pens.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
14 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Yeah, not worth it. Sorry.

 


I'd still look used.

The 3 looks so hard to put in place, and i'm not finding any 2 on the market here

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Yeah, not worth it. Sorry.

 


I'd still look used.

I'm even thinking about getting a 1660 until June and the release of the new generation ... I'm so lost 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay let's not jump to buying a new cooler right away. The heatsink is fine so just rip off the 970's shroud and fan from the gpu and strip tie a new one to it. If you want to control the fan speed then get a VGA wire adapter for a regular fan to the gpu socket. It will only cost you like 10$ tops for a crappy fan and a new VGA wire.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MorderNo said:

 

Do you guys have any other cooler that I could take for "cheap" Or any feedback on this one

Like mentioned before get rid off gpu shroud and mount one or two 120mm case fans. I’ve done it before and cooling gpu like this makes huge difference in temps. I’ve used two 120mm fans and attached them using cable ties. 
 

2C720C23-B83F-44AF-8D64-645078AC7377.jpeg


   @Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

                EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

                EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

                EKWB EK Thermosphere 

                EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

                EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

                EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

                EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

                EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

                EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

 

                                          WHIRO

         THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

 

        He feast on the dead to inherit their power

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
9 hours ago, Whiro said:

Like mentioned before get rid off gpu shroud and mount one or two 120mm case fans. I’ve done it before and cooling gpu like this makes huge difference in temps. I’ve used two 120mm fans and attached them using cable ties. 
 

2C720C23-B83F-44AF-8D64-645078AC7377.jpeg

 

10 hours ago, Bcat00 said:

Okay let's not jump to buying a new cooler right away. The heatsink is fine so just rip off the 970's shroud and fan from the gpu and strip tie a new one to it. If you want to control the fan speed then get a VGA wire adapter for a regular fan to the gpu socket. It will only cost you like 10$ tops for a crappy fan and a new VGA wire.

 

Thanks both ! Great Idea 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×