vpn

xwrench3

so i have been seeing ads for this service for quite a while. and i get the idea behind it. but what i do not get, is how i would know what web sites would be accessible from a specific country.i don't think i have ever gotten a denial to view any web page i wanted to find.

5 minutes ago, xwrench3 said:

so i have been seeing ads for this service for quite a while. and i get the idea behind it. but what i do not get, is how i would know what web sites would be accessible from a specific country.i don't think i have ever gotten a denial to view any web page i wanted to find.

Certain websites have personalized libraries, depending on where you are from (e.g. UK Netflix vs. US Netflix), although certain websites will restrict VPN use.

Other than that, I have only ever had been locked out of websites because I am an EU citizen and a certain US website did not adhere to the GDPR (EU privacy law) and they just straight up locked everyone from the EU out. Not like I couldn't get the content I was looking for wasn't anywhere else though.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

A vpn is a viritual private network, you are able of creating a private network. A vpn provides you with a lot more safety online: If you enable a vpn when on a website which is or might be illigal in you country the vpn will make you ''invisible''. For example when you open up a vpn you can select a country, what this does is it changes your ip adress etc. so it is not clear where your at. This way you are untrackable. They will think that when for example you select the usa, but you live in germany, people who monitor your activity will think you live in the USA. Also by enabeling a vpn you sometimes get exclusive content on for example netflix. Or youre able to visit sites not available in your country. Just like minibois said, some websites will block vpns. 

If you haven't faced blocks, then you probably don't need to have that functionality.

I can give few examples. In YouTube you can see "this content is blocked in your country". Or in some webstores "this item is not available in your country". I've used VPN to watch ice hockey world championship from YT by routing my connection through Italy. Or bough audiobooks as if my connection was coming from UK.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv