Fresh Build - Two Drive Questions

Beef_Bus

Hey all!! Thanks in advance for the help. 

I just built my first PC, installed W10 on the M.2 and I’m wanting to keep all future downloads on a separate SSD. I’ve poked around, moved the Downloads/Photos/etc folders to the second drive, but I’ve downloaded a couple of programs and they still save to the C drive. 

I’ve checked out a few videos and posts, but I’m lost and would greatly appreciate some guidance. 

3 minutes ago, Beef_Bus said:

Hey all!! Thanks in advance for the help. 

I just built my first PC, installed W10 on the M.2 and I’m wanting to keep all future downloads on a separate SSD. I’ve poked around, moved the Downloads/Photos/etc folders to the second drive, but I’ve downloaded a couple of programs and they still save to the C drive. 

I’ve checked out a few videos and posts, but I’m lost and would greatly appreciate some guidance. 

from what did you download, which browser?

In every brower you can set the default download folder

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

4 minutes ago, Srijan Verma said:

from what did you download, which browser?

In every brower you can set the default download folder

I used Chorme

Simply dragging the folder won't do (assuming thats what you did). You need to right click on downloads, hit the location tab, press move, and insert it in to the drive you prefer.

If you already did this, shut down your pc and restart. You'll have to.

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

25 minutes ago, Beef_Bus said:

I used Chorme

you can set the default download folder in chrome setting

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

3 minutes ago, Jae Tee said:

Simply dragging the folder won't do (assuming thats what you did). You need to right click on downloads, hit the location tab, press move, and insert it in to the drive you prefer.

If you already did this, shut down your pc and restart. You'll have to.

I reassigned them by the location tab, and using the new drive. But when I download a new program like Steam, it saves to the C drive, not the D drive. 

1 minute ago, Beef_Bus said:

I reassigned them by the location tab, and using the new drive. But when I download a new program like Steam, it saves to the C drive, not the D drive. 

Did you restart you pc since the switch? I've been told it is a must for this to work. Also this is windows and sometimes it doesn't like being told what to do. If you did everything right, then make sure your pc is up-to-date, and/or try again another day. Seriously, i once had a similar problem and eventually it just started working.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

11 hours ago, Jae Tee said:

Did you restart you pc since the switch? I've been told it is a must for this to work. Also this is windows and sometimes it doesn't like being told what to do. If you did everything right, then make sure your pc is up-to-date, and/or try again another day. Seriously, i once had a similar problem and eventually it just started working.

I had restarted it a couple of times. Ended up removing the few programs I had downloaded, did the process over again and it worked. I had a problem with MSI Dragon Center fighting where it would install. Gave up and just let it install in the m.2

26 minutes ago, Beef_Bus said:

I had restarted it a couple of times. Ended up removing the few programs I had downloaded, did the process over again and it worked. I had a problem with MSI Dragon Center fighting where it would install. Gave up and just let it install in the m.2

So at the end it worked? Glad to hear that.