s8 Plus and samsung Dex

HardStroke

i have the S8 Plus and i know that it supports samsung dex

can i connect it to my PC and use it like it was connected via HDMI to a monitor/tv? because i know that it works on the note 10 and above but im not sure if t will work on my phone

or do i just need a HDMI to usb type c?

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

6 hours ago, huilun02 said:

No you cannot

In Dex mode, the phone becomes the PC. Putting anything in between the phone and the display will not allow it to function.

but i saw people that are using the dex mod while the phone is connected to a PC not a monitor

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2020 at 5:00 AM, HardStroke said:

but i saw people that are using the dex mod while the phone is connected to a PC not a monitor

I know what you mean, I have a Galaxy s9. Unfortunately you currently cannot. You have to download the dex app on pc, and plug your phone in via usb c. The note 10 and s10 series’ are compatible and the s9 and note 9 were through the Android 10 update. As far as I know the s8/s8+ will not have support. 

sorry 

you can buy a dex cable or dex pad if you need dex.

https://www.samsung.com/us/business/solutions/samsung-dex/?cid=sem-mktg-pfs-cha-us-google-na-11012019-140146&attributioncampaignid=7011Q000001ROPN &ds_e=GOOGLE-cr:0-pl:258607924-&ds_c=CN~mobile+workspace_KS~bap_MT~bmm_PH~on_MK~us_BS~bs_PR~msol_SB~b2b_PK~awareness_FS~lo_CA~kew_MD~h_FF~-&ds_ag=AG~Dex+-+Core_MK~us_AT~ta_MD~h_SD~43865_AI~all-&ds_k=%2Bsamsung+%2Bdex&gclid=CPGbxobm8OcCFW2AxQIdtpsFOg

Quote me or mention me at @Shrekpad so I get notified 
pc specs:
CPU: 
Intel i7 8700K MOBO: ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming RAM: 16GB (2x8) DDR4 G Skill TridentZ 3000 MHz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING OC CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv STORAGE: Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 NVME SSD,
T-Force Delta RGB 250GB SSD, 4TB Seagate Barracuda HDD PSU: 750 Watt EVGA SuperNova G3 MONITERDell S2716DGR 1440p 144hz G-Sync, BenQ PD2700U 4K 60hz CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum OS: Windows 10