livestreaming

SirTexas

It won't encode your video at all, which means your CPU/GPU doesn't have to work on that at all, but it's probably not going to work out great, since you need a ton of bandwidth to stream, plus I would assume the video streaming platform won't accept that amount of bitrate.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

6 minutes ago, minibois said:

It won't encode your video at all, which means your CPU/GPU doesn't have to work on that at all, but it's probably not going to work out great, since you need a ton of bandwidth to stream, plus I would assume the video streaming platform won't accept that amount of bitrate.

"A TON"? hold up now. 

18 minutes ago, SirTexas said:

im curious what does lossless in slobs do?

what gpu do you have. 

Just now, Norwegiantweaker said:

"A TON"? hold up now. 

what gpu do you have. 

so have a GTX 1660 ti and i tried lossless which i assume means lose no frames i still lost some frames but not a ton cause im using mobile data so when i used the option lossess it streams at like 1500 kb and i did not lag in the online game i played while trying to use the other ones

"A TON"? hold up now. 

Lossless recording in OBS takes up 120MB/s. That is at 3840x2160.

Compared to the 6000Kbps recommended by Twitch, that is a ton.

So if you disagree with that, please try make a coherent argument, instead of telling me to just 'hold on now' please.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, SirTexas said:

so have a GTX 1660 ti and i tried lossless which i assume means lose no frames i still lost some frames but not a ton cause im using mobile data so when i used the option lossess it streams at like 1500 kb and i did not lag in the online game i played while trying to use the other ones

im an unrelated note why does my browser keep doing this its not my screen cause if it was just the screen it wouldent look like that in the screenshot

Screenshot (31).png

Just now, minibois said:

So if you disagree with that, please try make a coherent argument, instead of telling me to just 'hold on now' please.

well i know it didint do that cause well it didint

1 minute ago, minibois said:

sorry i meant more of hol up thats pointless to run. with NVEC you can stream with out much resource loss. 

2 minutes ago, SirTexas said:

i had a 1070 normal. and i was able to stream ( albeit it on a 6 core 3950x) with out any performance issues. ngl i did not read the mobile data tho. if thats your bottleneck then im not gonna lie. streaming requires some upload and unless you want to sacrifice all your quality to it ur kinda bummed. quality gotta take its resources in terms of bandwidth 

sorry i meant more of hol up thats pointless to run. with NVEC you can stream with out much resource loss. 

i had a 1070 normal. and i was able to stream ( albeit it on a 6 core 3950x) with out any performance issues. ngl i did not read the mobile data tho. if thats your bottleneck then im not gonna lie. streaming requires some upload and unless you want to sacrifice all your quality to it ur kinda bummed. quality gotta take its resources in terms of bandwidth 

best guess an antenna will fix my issues cause i found out my upload speed can go up to 5000 the recommended upload speed for crystal clear 720p livestreaming cause tmobiles LTE 600 is just much better than prior thats for sure

11 hours ago, SirTexas said:

well i know it didint do that cause well it didint

.... what?

I was talking about recording, you're streaming. Of course you don't get 120MB/s files, you're not recording. You are talking about streaming.

12 hours ago, SirTexas said:

best guess an antenna will fix my issues cause i found out my upload speed can go up to 5000 the recommended upload speed for crystal clear 720p livestreaming cause tmobiles LTE 600 is just much better than prior thats for sure

Just take a note that carriers might take upload into account with your data caps. If they do, or don't, it will be said in Terms of Service for your plan. Saying this from experience. I have invisible data cap of 10Gb in my daily usage plan. But thats, afaik, only with upload. I have had 30Gb download on it and no issues.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Just take a note that carriers might take upload into account with your data caps. If they do, or don't, it will be said in Terms of Service for your plan. Saying this from experience. I have invisible data cap of 10Gb in my daily usage plan. But thats, afaik, only with upload. I have had 30Gb download on it and no issues.

well i was lucky enough to get tmobiles unlimited LTE hotspot so i dont have to worry about throttleing at least i hope not cause im paying 25$ more to have it