Will CORONA VIRUS cause inflation of PC Hardware prices

Lk09p

I am from india and going to buy a new pc next week , since all pc components are manufactured in CHINA ( which is facing CORONA VIRUS outbreak right now ) and JAN imports are currently on the selves of my local stores , can i get infected just from them .

1 minute ago, Daniel Z. said:

No

How ?

...I really thought this was going to be a @WolfLoverPro question. Sadly, there are more uneducated people than I thought.

No. No you can't. Viruses last at most 7 days outside the host.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

So a lot of factories in CHINA are closed due to CORONA VIRUS Outbreak can this lead to increased prices of PC hardware . Can AMD ryzen 4000 have inflated prices ? What about intel / nvidia ?

3 minutes ago, dizmo said:

...I really thought this was going to be a @WolfLoverPro question. Sadly, there are more uneducated people than I thought.

No. No you can't. Viruses last at most 7 days outside the host.

Most coronavirus strains live for between 4 to 5 days but there are some instances where strains can survive for around nine days at room temperature with lower temperatures increasing this lifespan outside the body. However unless OP is overnight shipping the parts directly and the factory workers are hacking up a ton of material onto the parts as they are being shipped, as has been stated, the chances are basically nil.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

...seriously?

There's a deadly virus spreading throughout China and filtering though to other countries, over a 1500 people have died in less than a month and almost 70,000 infected (probably more), and you're concerned about PC prices?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Just now, Lk09p said:

So a lot of factories in CHINA are closed due to CORONA VIRUS Outbreak can this lead to increased prices of PC hardware . Can AMD ryzen 4000 have inflated prices ? What about intel / nvidia ?

1. Why are random words written in all caps?
  2. We can't see the future. We don't even know release dates. More importantly, we don't know when/if a cure will be discovered.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

...seriously?

There's a deadly virus spreading throughout China and filtering though to other countries, over a 1500 people have died in less than a month, and you're concerned about PC prices?

Hysteria doesn't solve anything. Besides, what's the average person gonna do about an outbreak? All we can really do is go about our lives as usual (and be careful around someone that could be sick, of course)

A girl who loves to love.

3 minutes ago, Arika S said:

...seriously?

There's a deadly virus spreading throughout China and filtering though to other countries, over a 1500 people have died in less than a month and almost 70,000 infected (probably more), and you're concerned about PC prices?

We have like 7.8 billion more people , 1500 is not even 0.000001 percent .

2 minutes ago, Aimi said:

Hysteria doesn't solve anything. Besides, what's the average person gonna do about an outbreak?

it's not about hysteria,

it's about basic human decency. If the response to a virus outbreak anywhere in the world is "muh PC prices" then i think your priorities are very much in the wrong order.

I'm not telling OP to go over to China and solve the virus, i'm saying "don't be disrespectful to those suffering"

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

17 minutes ago, dizmo said:

...I really thought this was going to be a @WolfLoverPro question.

is it bad that i had the same thought

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

1 minute ago, Tsuki said:

No, because it's true ?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

What does that mean , i am new here , this was my first post .

2 minutes ago, Arika S said:

it's not about hysteria,

it's about basic human decency. If the response to a virus outbreak anywhere in the world is "muh PC prices" then i think your priorities are very much in the wrong order.

I'm not telling OP to go over to China and solve the virus, i'm saying "don't be disrespectful to those suffering"

How the actual fuck is this disrespectful though

Can people not be concerned about economic effects of entire cities and regions going into a quarantine and effectively shutting down? There's more to an outbreak than just "people are sick/dying"

A girl who loves to love.

2 minutes ago, Lk09p said:

What does that mean , i am new here , this was my first post .

we have a few forum members who regularly like to remind us that yes in fact, there IS such a thing as a stupid question.

as far as your issue, no you cant get corona virus from shipped mail.   treat it like the flu, wash your hands and dont get coughed on, and you will be fine.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Also health misconceptions are common, you never had one?

Edited by LogicalDrm

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

10 minutes ago, Aimi said:

How the actual fuck is this disrespectful though

Can people not be concerned about economic effects of entire cities and regions going into a quarantine and effectively shutting down?

OP's not concerned about the economical effects, they care about PC prices and PC hardware, they had a another post within 10 minutes of this one asking if they would get the virus from parts made in China. If the question was "what effect is the virus going to have on the world economy and distribution of all products manufactured in china" then i wouldn't have an issue.

I take issue with people (not just OP, because there has been a number of posts on this forum) that are immediately concerned about the virus because it might impact PC prices.

EDIT: fuck it, i'm out, I'm not going to get into another argument about this Virus...

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I've got a bit of gold I want to weigh in, I'm waiting for a price I'd be happy with. 

All the recent trouble in Iran did push up prices but not quite enough for me. Bit of luck this virus should do the job. 

Hey mods how far from the thread being closed? ?

Probably. Depends how hard hit the manufacturing facilities are, as well as the supplies needed for production, people affected at said factories, and if China decides to shut down even longer...though I doubt that, as it would cripple their economy. Most parts are from Taiwan though (iirc), so they might not be affected at all.

39 minutes ago, Arika S said:

...seriously?

Kind of presumptuous to say that, no? Who's to say he doesn't care, just because he also has questions about PC prices? People can care about multiple things.

There's nothing he can do about their current state. Worrying about things beyond your control is a waste of energy.

39 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:
  1. Why are random words written in all caps?
  2. We can't see the future. We don't even know release dates. More importantly, we don't know when/if a cure will be discovered.

They will, it'll just take time.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

46 minutes ago, InfinityVive said:

Nope, you can't get corona virus from PC Parts imported from china, When PC parts are made they are usually not handled by humans, they are made by machines, and when they get shipped, they get shipped in boxes, it's unlikely that an employee from china literally just open the box and cough in it, also it takes at average 2 weeks for PC parts get into the international market, so it's very unlikely...

They're almost always handled by humans, especially PC parts. How do you think they're QC'd? Many lines also do at least part of the package assembly by hand.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

25 minutes ago, Arika S said:

OP's not concerned about the economical effects, they care about PC prices and PC hardware

So price and scarcity are not part of economics? 

There are many companies, industry people and even sports leagues that have been interviewed about how their logistics, supplies, and other things are impacted and some areas where they are sheltered from any potential impact. Some companies have operations that have had to be shut down and some where they are in very different areas.

While the OP's question wasn't phrased in the best way, he specifically mentions factories being closed, and whether this can lead to some price increases and if it affects things by Intel and Nvidia. No part of his question berates or insults the effect this is having in the world as you're implying.

28 minutes ago, Arika S said:

If the question was "what effect is the virus going to have on the world economy and distribution of all products manufactured in china" then i wouldn't have an issue.

56 minutes ago, Lk09p said:

So a lot of factories in CHINA are closed due to CORONA VIRUS Outbreak can this lead to increased prices of PC hardware .

These are literally asking the same thing...

So the fact that he singled out one specific group of goods makes him bad somehow? What is the difference between asking about all of the products in China that might be affected and talking about a specific market that might be affected?