First build plan, what you all think?

menya

Hey all, 

What you think of this build plan: 

I already have the GPU, a friend of mine is upgrading his rig and this is his "old" card, he bought it a year ago. I got it from him for a bottle of whiskey so that's a good deal. 

pcpartpicker does not have the CPU cooler, case fans and RAM I want to use so I list those here:

RAM:  Apacer NOX RGB AH4U16G32C08YNBAA-2 2x8 GB 3200MHz DDR4

CPU cooler: Aerocool ACTC-CL30010.71 Core Plus PWM 120mm RGB

Case fans: Aerocool ACF3-AT10217.02 Astro12 Pro 120mm ARGB LED (3 piece set)

I'm at 650 USD + the whiskey. I'm from Hungary so if you wish to link me cheaper but better options to some parts it's possible that it won't work out for me. I'm doing a medium sized build on purpose I do not need a giant machine. I'm planning to do some 1080p gaming on it but I'm not a huge gamer so I won't have an issue playing the newest beast games cause I don't really have the urge to get them as soon as they are out. 

The RX 590 is a last gen GPU, I would go with a RTX 2060 or a RX 5600XT. 

I think the Wraith Spire that comes in the box with that R5 2600X looks like a better cooler than the older flower design Aerocool.  That Aerocool isn't going to net you any performance and may actually hurt you.

If you drop the CPU Cooler and those Case Fans (I'm assuming you're buying the Thermaltake case new so it comes with some fans), what does that do with regard to letting you either put more money into the CPU or more capacity on the SSD?  Both of those are quality of life improvements you'll see more value out and frankly if you're unhappy with the noise of the Thermaltake fans, you can always swap them out in six months.

Also what's up with your RAM exactly.  16 GB of Kingston HyperX Fury is plenty, you don't need to go buy additional Apacer RAM.  

6 minutes ago, Viper9 said:

The RX 590 is a last gen GPU, I would go with a RTX 2060 or a RX 5600XT. 

It would be awesome, but I got the GPU from my friend for $35 and the cheapest new RTX 2060 that I found here in Hungary is $350 so that's 10times the price and college does not pay that good.

2 minutes ago, Egad said:

I think the Wraith Spire that comes in the box with that R5 2600X looks like a better cooler than the older flower design Aerocool.  That Aerocool isn't going to net you any performance and may actually hurt you.

If you drop the CPU Cooler and those Case Fans (I'm assuming you're buying the Thermaltake case new so it comes with some fans), what does that do with regard to letting you either put more money into the CPU or more capacity on the SSD?  Both of those are quality of life improvements you'll see more value out and frankly if you're unhappy with the noise of the Thermaltake fans, you can always swap them out in six months.

Also what's up with your RAM exactly.  16 GB of Kingston HyperX Fury is plenty, you don't get go buy additional Apacer RAM.  

I will buy the case new, it comes with one built in fan in the back. Honestly I do not have a lot more to spend on the build. So if I drop the CPU cooler and the fans and I buy like 2 generic simple fans I have a couple more bucks, but that's it. 

The Apacer RAM is not additional to the HyperX, that should not be on the list I forgot to take it off from the list before I posted the link. PcPartpicker does not have the Apacer RAM so I was checking out other options that's why the list has the HyperX on it. 

Oy. If you're not from the US, or buying from the US, don't use US sites or USD or $ in your post. It's irrelevant to you, and confuses other users.

• I'd see if you can grab the 1600AF where you are. Cheaper, basically the same thing.
  • Make sure the RAM is on the QVL list for the motherboard.
  • I really wouldn't get that storage set up. It makes more sense to just get a 1TB SSD.
  • See if you can get a better case. Cheap cases are horrible to work with.

Welcome to the forum.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I honestly wouldn't buy any extra fans from a need perspective.  Your PSU is segregated in that case and you're only running a 2600X and 590.  If you start to see the 590 throttle even with its fan curve up, you can at that time decide to buy a front fan to blow onto it.  Right off the bat, if you want them for looks sure.  

From the perspective of performance and acoustics though, honestly buying cheap fans now doesn't seem to offer much.   In a scenario where even with max fan curves on the 590 and the rear exhaust fan (or you can pop the top vent on the case, move the fan to be intake on the front and try a push config with two unobstructed rear vents) leads to thermal throttles and stuttering on the 590 you can get a cheap fan for intake.  For scenarios where the max fan curves yield good performance but unpleasant noise levels, honestly the best long term solution is to deal with the noise until you can afford to get some good fans that move lots of air at low RPMs, bunch of cheaper fans at medium speeds probably still means noise.

Also unless you're in a metered internet setup or just have really poor speeds so you can't afford to be redownloading games, I'd agree with @dizmo and go for one higher capacity SSD.  Especially given expected NAND price spikes in 2020.  Assuming you're not in an internet limited situation, go for a setup with just a 1 TB SSD now and in the future you can consider getting a lower RPM mech drive to move music, photos, video etc on to once your SSD fills up.  

9 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Oy. If you're not from the US, or buying from the US, don't use US sites or USD or $ in your post. It's irrelevant to you, and confuses other users.

• I'd see if you can grab the 1600AF where you are. Cheaper, basically the same thing.
  • Make sure the RAM is on the QVL list for the motherboard.
  • I really wouldn't get that storage set up. It makes more sense to just get a 1TB SSD.
  • See if you can get a better case. Cheap cases are horrible to work with.

Welcome to the forum.

I used the pcpartpicker link cause it's an easy way to list all the parts and I could use Hungarian Forints instead of USD or EUR but I assume almost nobody would make any sense of it, but here it is overall I am at 201,260 HUF

I could also link Hungarian sites where I am checking the parts and planning to buy them from, but once again no one would understand them. If you read the post where I mention where I am from it's not confusing. I used USD cause it's a lot easier. 

Thanks for the suggestions, will check them out. 

1 minute ago, menya said:

I used the pcpartpicker link cause it's an easy way to list all the parts and I could use Hungarian Forints instead of USD or EUR but I assume almost nobody would make any sense of it, but here it is overall I am at 201,260 HUF

I could also link Hungarian sites where I am checking the parts and planning to buy them from, but once again no one would understand them. If you read the post where I mention where I am from it's not confusing. I used USD cause it's a lot easier. 

Thanks for the suggestions, will check them out. 

Easier, but useless. If you want help selecting parts, providing the link and your budget is always the best way to go. PC parts really aren't hard to figure out, and the sites, even if they're not in English (or the users native language) aren't that hard to navigate either.

Using USD is pointless because the values aren't directly comparable. Something in the US that's $80 won't translate to that value in your country, in your currency. It doesn't take into account VAT, import duties, etc etc. Then there's availability, which will also be different where you live compared to the US. It just doesn't really help you, and causes other people to waste their time (though that's partly their own fault, as they don't bother to read that you're not in the US).

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

48 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Easier, but useless. If you want help selecting parts, providing the link and your budget is always the best way to go. PC parts really aren't hard to figure out, and the sites, even if they're not in English (or the users native language) aren't that hard to navigate either.

Using USD is pointless because the values aren't directly comparable. Something in the US that's $80 won't translate to that value in your country, in your currency. It doesn't take into account VAT, import duties, etc etc. Then there's availability, which will also be different where you live compared to the US. It just doesn't really help you, and causes other people to waste their time (though that's partly their own fault, as they don't bother to read that you're not in the US).

Alright, I am mainly using this site: https://www.pcx.hu/

Also I used USD in a way that makes sense I took the overall price of the parts I'm planning to buy and simply converted from HUF to USD so the taxes, shipping and all taht wouldn't be off. So when I said I'm at $650 that's not from pcpartpicker or any other site, that's actually the amount I would spend(just not in USD ofc) if I would buy everything off of the site I linked above.

21 hours ago, menya said:

Hey all, 

What you think of this build plan: 

I already have the GPU, a friend of mine is upgrading his rig and this is his "old" card, he bought it a year ago. I got it from him for a bottle of whiskey so that's a good deal. 

pcpartpicker does not have the CPU cooler, case fans and RAM I want to use so I list those here:

RAM:  Apacer NOX RGB AH4U16G32C08YNBAA-2 2x8 GB 3200MHz DDR4

CPU cooler: Aerocool ACTC-CL30010.71 Core Plus PWM 120mm RGB

Case fans: Aerocool ACF3-AT10217.02 Astro12 Pro 120mm ARGB LED (3 piece set)

I'm at 650 USD + the whiskey. I'm from Hungary so if you wish to link me cheaper but better options to some parts it's possible that it won't work out for me. I'm doing a medium sized build on purpose I do not need a giant machine. I'm planning to do some 1080p gaming on it but I'm not a huge gamer so I won't have an issue playing the newest beast games cause I don't really have the urge to get them as soon as they are out. 

Look you should put a r5 3600 as it's 25 percent faster at 1080p than a 2600 even tho if you go over 1440p the difference is noticeable by eyes in the frames and you definitely don't have to use a 120mm AIO there is no difference between a 120mm AIO and a 20$ heatsink like a cryorig and stuff go for it

My personal Build as i am a cool tech enthusiast B|

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/TheSneakyRM/saved/

Actually not a bad build list, and the used GPU will do for now. 

for sure if you could push to a 3700X CPU it would be very good for a long time. and a Noctua air cooler. 

maybe look at a M.2 SSD just to save space and less cables. there dirt cheap as most now are nvme pci-e M.2  the older tech are Sata M.2 bust still better than an old SSD because its more compact and direct into your m/board.