Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zonkvert

What have I done? (New build)

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi, long time me no build. My 2001 pc died, was AMD build. I am going to build a new build . Looking at being more creative: video, pod cast some drawing animation. I have a mac mini 2011 I am also upgrading for some video editing. Any rate, was pleasantly surprised with AMD new offering was drooling over APU and had this crazy idea to use thunderbolt 3 connection between pc and mac to save $$. As a result I ended up ditching APU and went CPU. So here is what I am looking at. Oh yes am looking at running Linux, but don't know which one. Any suggestions? Oh and is up grading to 2060 worth it, buddy offering to trade GPu+$$ for his GPU.

CPU AMD 3600

CPU Cooling wraith

Motherboard X570 asrock Phantom

Memory G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (1 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

Storage (SSD)Western Digital Blue 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

Video Card Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB Graphics Card

Case NZXT Phantom 410 ATX Mid Tower Case

Power supply be quiet! Straight Power 11 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Step 10: Operating System

Step 10.1: Linux which one?

Any idea on a Wi-Fi card?

Cheers Zonkvert

Well I would have recommended you the 16inch Mac book pro if it wasn't that expensive. How much is the gfx for? Any wifi card would do personally i am always hardwired but a USB would be NICE. Ubuntu has the most number of software for it and is the most popular but mint is also a nice option

The guy who wants the gtx wants a trade gpu and some cash. So I would trade my 1060 3g plus some cash.

build hackintosh you should be

perfect mac feature with high end rig + low cost

careful about chosen hardware + step by step installation. just googling it

On 2/15/2020 at 12:05 PM, Agent Crimson said:

Well I would have recommended you the 16inch Mac book pro if it wasn't that expensive. How much is the gfx for? Any wifi card would do personally i am always hardwired but a USB would be NICE. Ubuntu has the most number of software for it and is the most popular but mint is also a nice option

Thanks, yeah macbook cost too much, the thx is gone now, sigh. USB ok thanks Wi-Fi. I will do more is research

26 minutes ago, Zonkvert said:

Thanks, yeah macbook cost too much, the thx is gone now, sigh. USB ok thanks Wi-Fi. I will do more is research

Get a 1660ti and you will be good. Hackintosh I won't touch given you are asking about what is to use. I would go either Ubuntu or lame old windows