Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fredrichnietze

feb 14th wan show unwatchable?

Posted · Original PosterOP

soo having lots of trouble watching wan show which was weird. it would not pre render and was constantly freezing and skipping sections. so i jumped over to linux and started a youtube-dl of it and what do you know? roughly 200mb is missing from the file (including all the audio kek) and these bits are randomly throughout not a missing chunk. loaded up other youtube vids at the same time and machine and network and they all worked perfectly it seems like a problem with the specific vid. and it seems to me like it is server side not on my end. did linus drop a server or something?

heres the log

aQsP9yT.png

bFc6vYX.png

1 minute ago, fredrichnietze said:

soo having lots of trouble watching wan show which was weird. it would not pre render and was constantly freezing and skipping sections. so i jumped over to linux and started a youtube-dl of it and what do you know? roughly 200mb is missing from the file (including all the audio kek) and these bits are randomly throughout not a missing chunk. loaded up other youtube vids at the same time and machine and network and they all worked perfectly it seems like a problem with the specific vid. and it seems to me like it is server side not on my end. did linus drop a server or something?

heres the log

aQsP9yT.png

bFc6vYX.png

It was a livestream, its pretty common for live streams to have missing chunks. Usually they'll reupload from a local copy later on then remove the bad version afterwards.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Windows 10 Pro X64 |

Server:-

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B running OMV Arrakis and an 8TB Seagate USB 3.0 external HDD