KFC or CHICK-FIL-A ?

MadAnt250

KFC or CHICK-FIL-A ?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. KFC or CHICK-FIL-A?

• KFC
    • CHICK-FIL-A

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on Feb 18, 2020 at 10:24 PM

KFC. If I don't get salmonella from fried chicken, am I even American?

When it comes to chicken... there's only really KFC in my country... occasionally you'll get a local take out that does it but it's very hit and miss.

So I'd 'have' to vote KFC... but can't.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

we don't have chick-fill-a in my country so, KFC for me, although I tend to eat more McDonald's or Burger King

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rise red as the dawn" - Scarlet Guard motto (Red Queen Series)

Ethically speaking, I don't think anyone should support Chick-Fil-A.  Not that KFC is a shining beacon, but it's certainly better.

Thankfully, I don't have to choose either.  There's a Popeye's within walking distance of my place.

11 minutes ago, Commodus said:

Ethically speaking, I don't think anyone should support Chick-Fil-A.  Not that KFC is a shining beacon, but it's certainly better.

Thankfully, I don't have to choose either.  There's a Popeye's within walking distance of my place.

Have you tried Mary Browns? It's fully Canadian, and their chicken sandwiches are *at least* as good as Popeyes, if not better.

Though I must admit, Cajun fries from Popeyes are better than the tater sides you get from Mary Browns.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

32 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Have you tried Mary Browns? It's fully Canadian, and their chicken sandwiches are *at least* as good as Popeyes, if not better.

Though I must admit, Cajun fries from Popeyes are better than the tater sides you get from Mary Browns.

I haven't -- the challenge is that they're on the opposite end of town.  I'd love to try it, but not to the point where I'd plan a trip that will take longer one way than it will to eat the chicken. ?

Chick fil a is my guilty pleasure

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

On 2/14/2020 at 10:18 PM, CalintzJerevinan said:

KFC in my area gives small pieces of chicken that isn't even worth paying for.  Personally I prefer Publix's Fried Chicken.  As for Chick-fil-a it's good when it's fresh.  I had Chick-fil-a today and I love the classic chicken sandwich.  But you have to ask it for fresh or it's not going to be good.  And Chick-fil-a uses peanut oil so those who are allergic to peanuts beware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqD-jzoX9wM&t=136s

Shout out to Publix subs.  All day every day :)

For all of Chik-Fil-A's anti-anyone-not-hetero campaigning by the owners, they treat ALL of their employees very well.  Even the gay ones.  You wouldn't expect it but a few of my kid's friends have worked there and had nothing but positive experiences.  Not saying I would work their due to their espoused viewpoints and donations but they don't make it a hostile environment for the LGBT people that work for them at least.  Kinda hard to wrap my head around it. *shrug*

As for food... Chik-Fil-A is better in Atlanta by far.  Tho Popeyes... yummy yum yum.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

31 minutes ago, jstudrawa said:

Shout out to Publix subs.  All day every day :)

For all of Chik-Fil-A's anti-anyone-not-hetero campaigning by the owners, they treat ALL of their employees very well.  Even the gay ones.  You wouldn't expect it but a few of my kid's friends have worked there and had nothing but positive experiences.  Not saying I would work their due to their espoused viewpoints and donations but they don't make it a hostile environment for the LGBT people that work for them at least.  Kinda hard to wrap my head around it. *shrug*

As for food... Chik-Fil-A is better in Atlanta by far.  Tho Popeyes... yummy yum yum.

What people forget is that personal opinions don't have to influence a corporation's direction. If I ran a business, I wouldn't force anyone to believe what I believe, but many companies out here do that. There's valid reasons to dislike the personal opinions of CFA's owners, but sometimes, the owners keep their personal politics out of their business so it works out.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

50 minutes ago, Commodus said:

I haven't -- the challenge is that they're on the opposite end of town.  I'd love to try it, but not to the point where I'd plan a trip that will take longer one way than it will to eat the chicken. ?

Damn, well you should make a special trip out there for it - worth trying once (or you could use Skip The Dishes or another delivery service - but better to get it hot and fresh).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Screw 'em both. If I'm on a long drive and just need something, anything to eat, Popeye's is the only fast food fried chicken I'll consider. Chik-Fil-A is greasy as hell and KFC may or may not actually be chicken by the time they're done with it.

Fry your own chicken. It's healthier (ok, it can be made healthier), you know that you're using whole breast meat, thighs, wings, etc. and not whatever parts the Colonel glues together into a "patty", and it's really not hard to do. Like, if you can handle cracking an egg, rolling chicken around in breading and are capable of detecting "golden brown", you're done. It takes all of 20 minutes to go from a package of chicken, two eggs, milk, flour, batter and a hot pan with oil in it to dinner.

Or, alternatively and much more healthily, you can bake chicken in a way that makes it taste and feel fried, but that adds a whole step mildly less complicated than pan frying, so...

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.