KFC or CHICK-FIL-A ?

MadAnt250

KFC or CHICK-FIL-A ?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. KFC or CHICK-FIL-A?

• KFC
    • CHICK-FIL-A

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on Feb 18, 2020 at 10:24 PM

Double post.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

i dont have chick fill a here too, i guess tex mex food doesnt work outside of america, but kfc in my area is performing good at most of the time, unlike mcdonalds

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

Last I had KFC, all I could hear was Gordon Ramsay's voice in my head saying it's bland, it's shit. Dryer than the Sonora desert. The anti gay chicken was also pretty mediocre. Best fried chicken place I had that was a chain would be Bogangles. Shame they don't have them on the West coast! QQ

On 2/15/2020 at 8:47 PM, Bombastinator said:

Why is Popeyes not a choice?

Heck, where is Zaxby's?

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

27 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

Heck, where is Zaxby's?

shame I didn't stop in Indianapolis to try Zaxby's my boyfriend mentioned them sometime back, he's from Alabama lol

But what about Raising Cane's? Hoooly shit that stuff is the bomb, the chicken itself isn't particularly special but I think their take on basically what is a fry sauce makes it.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

12 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

There are very few people who worked in fast food that would eat the stuff from the restraunt   they worked in ever again.  Exceptions seem to be made for crispy chicken breasts though.  Had a nephew who was an Arby’s manager and he felt the same way there.

I used to work at McDonalds for 2 months until I got a job at a grocery store.

I still eat there lol

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

5 hours ago, Mooshi said:

Last I had KFC, all I could hear was Gordon Ramsay's voice in my head saying it's bland, it's shit. Dryer than the Sonora desert. The anti gay chicken was also pretty mediocre. Best fried chicken place I had that was a chain would be Bogangles. Shame they don't have them on the West coast! QQ

Bojangles isn't too bad. But I can't eat there again because their biscuits tried to kill me when I was like 10.

On 2/15/2020 at 9:47 PM, Bombastinator said:

Why is Popeyes not a choice?

Because only the initiated like yourself and I are able to eat Popeyes which is the GOAT. That chicken is actually fried and crispy. And their biscuits are godlike if you catch 'em right out the oven. 

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

On 2/15/2020 at 9:21 PM, atxcyclist said:

Between those two, probably have to go with KFC. If for no other reason than Chick-Fil-A has few locations and they are always packed, so I can go to one of the other numerous chicken places around here in the time it takes to wait in line.

Golden Chick is better, although I don't know how far their franchising goes from the Austin, TX area. Popeye's is also quite good, their sides are better than most. KFC does have the biscuits down though. What I really wish was that we had a Bojangles here, every time I go to The South to see family, I try to stop in one.

Not like Hardee's.

If you've ever had a Hardee's biscuit made right.... ?

Aside from the biscuits Hardee's ain't all that, not even close.

Even their chicken sandwiches aren't that good if at all really.

But those biscuits.......

Speaking of Zaxbys we have one here too, the Popeyes being built here will be right next to it!

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

its a shame how KFC went down in quality over the years. i remember the chicken having salt under the crust and are tender and the biscuits are soft and warm on the inside and the mashed potatoes had chunks of potatoes. 

22 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

its a shame how KFC went down in quality over the years. i remember the chicken having salt under the crust and are tender and the biscuits are soft and warm on the inside and the mashed potatoes had chunks of potatoes. 

I understand the chicken was once spicier too. Too hot for the northwestern palate so it got changed.  That was like the 60’s or something though.  I’ve never eaten any of the old hot stuff myself.  Only read about it.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I'm in option C : been to neither.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Honestly, 

I would rather go to Wendy’s. I find it absurd  that a burger joint serves way better fried chicken than most fried chicken chains. But it’s true. 

1 hour ago, kokakolia said:

Honestly, 

I would rather go to Wendy’s. I find it absurd  that a burger joint serves way better fried chicken than most fried chicken chains. But it’s true. 

A generic chicken patty isn't the same as proper bone in fried chicken.

It makes me feel bad voting for Chic-Fil-a, but KFC is just awful. Other than a little cleanup, it's so much easier to make good fried chicken at home. If I am traveling and need something quick, there is no way in hell Im taking KFC unless it's literally the only option. 

Hell, Royal Farms (the gas station) has better chicken. 

21 minutes ago, descendency said:

It makes me feel bad voting for Chic-Fil-a, but KFC is just awful. Other than a little cleanup, it's so much easier to make good fried chicken at home. If I am traveling and need something quick, there is no way in hell Im taking KFC unless it's literally the only option. 

Hell, Royal Farms (the gas station) has better chicken. 

So you voted for it but you never had it because it’s got to be better than KFC because homemade is better than KFC?  High praise.  

On 2/14/2020 at 5:13 PM, dizmo said:

Popeyes.

That’s what I was thinking, can’t deal with the political bs from chick fil a, and there chicken tastes sweet to me.

kfc is usually dry.

overall Popeyes is the way to go, good chicken,  good biscuits, good caujin fries, everything’s good. Best place to go if you have the munchies imho.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

20 hours ago, Mooshi said:

Try Popeyes, make sure to get some biscuits too.

AMD blackout rig

3 hours ago, scuff gang said:

Try Popeyes, make sure to get some biscuits too.

Popeyes is the only decent fried chicken place near my home. Bojangles still holds the #1 spot for me.

4 hours ago, scuff gang said:

That’s what I was thinking, can’t deal with the political bs from chick fil a, and there chicken tastes sweet to me.

kfc is usually dry.

overall Popeyes is the way to go, good chicken,  good biscuits, good caujin fries, everything’s good. Best place to go if you have the munchies imho.

Yeah, their sides are definitely what keeps me going back. That, and they have the best biscuits. Have to buy a box every time I'm there!

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

4 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Yeah, their sides are definitely what keeps me going back. That, and they have the best biscuits. Have to buy a box every time I'm there!

Yeah fr the biscuits are the best part ?

AMD blackout rig

43 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Popeyes chicken is far superior to KFC. Hell, Publix makes better fried chicken than KFC and they're a mile from my house, literally.

Bruh, our Fry's has better chicken than this poll haha

I think this may vary a lot by location.  A lot of people seem to be making kfc chicken sound like this mummified cracked stuff and I’ve not experienced this

38 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Bruh, our Fry's has better chicken than this poll haha

The one time I bought Fry's rotisserie chicken, it was greasy enough to lube a semi.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!