KFC or CHICK-FIL-A ?

MadAnt250

KFC or CHICK-FIL-A ?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. KFC or CHICK-FIL-A?

• KFC
    • CHICK-FIL-A

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on Feb 18, 2020 at 10:24 PM

I tried Chick-fil-A and I was not impressed, it just tasted dry and old, maybe it was just the location, but it seems like everybody over hypes how good Chick-fil-A is and KFC can be hit or miss sometimes but I have never had dry chicken from them.

Everyone please be friendly and respectful, thanks.

Update:

Wow, it is interesting how many opinions are the same and are also different, a lot are from experience and some are political. Even though Chick-fil-A is the winner of the poll, the input commented from the forum community shows that not all Chick-fil-A or KFC restaurants are equal as far as quality goes. I know some people have different political views that differ from what Chick-fil-A or KFC has, but please keep any comments about that subject short and do not get to in depth or carried away about it because we are comparing the quality of the food and the experience eating from the restaurants.

Edited by MadAnt250
Update

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

I always get dry chicken from KFC. Plus it honestly isn't that good. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

For me, neither. KFC chicken isn't all that great and the location near me was filthy (dirty tables, sticky floors, etc.) when I went there. The service was also less than stellar. Heck, even Jack in the Box has better chicken.

I will not give one, red cent to any bigoted business and Chick-Fil-A is notorious for their anti-LGBT contributions and employee policies.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

I cant answer this poll but I will say;

Chick-fil-A is good chicken, so it must have been location and timing. They normally tend to keep their product as fresh as possible.

KFC, pending on location, is pretty good.

I would have recommended Chick-fil-a over KFC because of the how I chose to represent certain types of businesses but recently the owners of chick-fil-a have chosen to bow to politics and that has turned me off to it.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Popeyes.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I honestly don’t think you can directly compare the two. Both serve chicken but they aren’t exactly in the same type of category outside of that, with KFC more into fried chicken and buckets of it while Chick-fil-A does more of boneless chicken in general. 

That being said, KFC has been going down the shitter, so yeah.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Okay so. Just to clarify. I am from Kentucky.

Let me tell you. We have a literal KFC mansion right off the expressway
image.thumb.png.6fb4e37938eef0ebdf4139074d5ebf69.png

You know what else we have

KFC All You Can Eat Buffets

Unfortunately Chick-fil-a does not have Buffets

As such I must rank KFC > Chick-Fil-A

That is all

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Honorable mention to Raising Cane's.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

4 hours ago, MadAnt250 said:

I tried Chick-fil-A and I was not impressed, it just tasted dry and old, maybe it was just the location, but it seems like everybody over hypes how good Chick-fil-A is and KFC can be hit or miss sometimes but I have never had dry chicken from them.

Never eaten at Chick-fil-a. KFC is shit though. Checkers, yes Checkers aka Rallys has better chicken. SHIT the WALMART Deli has better chicken. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

KFC in my area gives small pieces of chicken that isn't even worth paying for.  Personally I prefer Publix's Fried Chicken.  As for Chick-fil-a it's good when it's fresh.  I had Chick-fil-a today and I love the classic chicken sandwich.  But you have to ask it for fresh or it's not going to be good.  And Chick-fil-a uses peanut oil so those who are allergic to peanuts beware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqD-jzoX9wM&t=136s

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

43 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

Okay so. Just to clarify. I am from Kentucky.

Let me tell you. We have a literal KFC mansion right off the expressway

-yoink-

Unfortunately Chick-fil-a does not have Buffets

As such I must rank KFC > Chick-Fil-A

That is all

It's legitimately been a decade since I've been to a KFC buffet. Eventually I'll wind up at one again, I missed 'em lol

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

46 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

I honestly don’t think you can directly compare the two. Both serve chicken but they aren’t exactly in the same type of category outside of that, with KFC more into fried chicken and buckets of it while Chick-fil-A does more of boneless chicken in general. 

That being said, KFC has been going down the shitter, so yeah.

the biggest thing KFC has going for it is that some locations still have buffets.

Although when the quality isn't there, well it really doesn't matter.

I think the marketing campaigns they've been doing have been god awful and hurting the brand rather than helping.

That Cheetos stuff from a year or two ago doesn't particularly sound very appetizing.

It's a shame because they used to be the shit.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

2 hours ago, rcmaehl said:

I like the sound of that.

1 hour ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

Although when the quality isn't there, well it really doesn't matter.

I notice form the 3 KFC's close to my area that not every KFC is the same, the worst one has staff that seem to not pay attention and screw everything up multiple times. The best KFC restaurant near me which is 20ish minutes away has the nicest staff, a tidy dinning area(for a place that sells fast food) and better food.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

4 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

I would have recommended Chick-fil-a over KFC because of the how I chose to represent certain types of businesses but recently the owners of chick-fil-a have chosen to bow to politics and that has turned me off to it.

The owners have been involved in politics for a long time (if I know which bow you're referring to). Things are changing and people are realizing that they do have a voice that works thanks to social media and the interwebz. 

Personally, I would say Chick-Fil-A. KFC near me was dirty when I stopped by. Chick-Fil-A has a bit more plentiful menu. 

I vastly prefer Cracker Barrel. The menu is much larger than either and the prices tend to be more bang for buck. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

We don't have KFC or Chick-fil-a over here, so I can't vote. Unless someone wants to send me some! ?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

26 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

We don't have KFC or Chick-fil-a over here, so I can't vote. Unless someone wants to send me some! ?

Thats a no go

Watched too many Border shows and too many people bring illegal foods across borders, poultry is probably banned.

I can't say that they're directly comparable, but personally Chick-Fil-A > KFC. The facilities tend to be cleaner, the service is usually great (friendly staff as well), the food is always fresh. There's a good ~60% chance that when I go to KFC here, they either manage to mess my order up or the restaurant ends up being gross inside. I mean dirty tables, sticky and/or slippery floors, etc. That being said, they're doing interesting things with their menu and I think they've actually improved over time (barring the service issues that I deal with locally.) I haven't had Chick-Fil-A in a while though, especially since the Popeyes chicken sandwich came out.

Side note: I didn't understand why people were getting beaten, stabbed and even killed over the Popeyes chicken sandwich until I actually tried it.* Their normal fried chicken isn't really that great, but the sandwiches are on a whole different level.

*For legal reasons, that's a joke.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

We don't have a "chick fil a" here, so, KFC it is. The chicken is usually soft and juicy with a good crunchy yet soft, crust on it. I've never had completely dry chicken from them.

+ their macaroni salads is the only kind I actually like. I don't know how they do it, tried replicating it or buying other kinds.... It's just not the same and doesn't taste as good.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

7 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I will not give one, red cent to any bigoted business and Chick-Fil-A is notorious for their anti-LGBT contributions and employee policies.

it's a goddamn fast food place, why so petty

A girl who loves to love.

KFC has about 2-3x more major health code infractions than chick-fil-a (per 100 stores, kfc has about 13 that get major violations)

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

1 hour ago, Aimi said:

it's a goddamn fast food place, why so petty

Petty? Chick-Fil-A has donated millions of dollars to anti-LGBT organizations who actively campaign for anti-LGBT laws and has anti-LGBT employee policies and think I'm being petty? I see it as direct attacks against me and other members of the LGBT community and there is no way I'll ever support it by spending my money there!

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

In the UK I've only seen KFC. They're everywhere and I have no specific problem with them. There was a TV show about them some years ago, kinda between documentary and reality show. It showed how the franchised stores operated, and how KFC HQ monitored them. If standards are below scratch, HQ can force them to improve otherwise they get their licence revoked. Variations could simply be down to how individual stores operate. I think but not 100% sure that ingredients are supplied centrally so that shouldn't be a major factor. A year or two ago they switched shipping company, and they weren't adequately prepared for the scale of the job on day 1, leading to national news talking about fried chicken shortages!

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

There's no Chick-fil-a here but we have Jolibee instead.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition