New build i9 overclock temp spike?

I just built my first pc about a month ago are these temps ok for the i9 9900k? Just looking for piece of mind while I’m gaming. 

-corsair 680x 

-msi ace meg motherboard

- i9 9900k 

-Corsair h100i in push pull top exhaust

- cleaned and re applied paste with Kryonaut 

-64gb Corsair vengeance ram 3200 

-2 1tb 970 evo plus m.2 ssd running in raid (system files)

-Seagate 1tb Ssd for games 

-Corsair rm850x power supply 

- 2080ti ftw3 ultra 

so I’ve been learning more about cpu overclocking and got mine stable at 5ghz fixed with 1.3v override mode llc 2 (msi) AVX -3. I’m getting 30- 35c idle and 55-60c modern warefare 240p FPS medium settings for 1080p. I noticed that a times it will spike between 75-80c for 10 seconds or so then drop back down to normal. Usually when switching screens loading into matches. Everything runs smooth Am I good to go? Any advice on my settings would also be appreciated. 

5A9EFD91-0653-4650-BB9E-CC0F5E107929.jpeg

14F70BB9-EE84-4000-8C02-4DC1196BB1D1.jpeg

I am, by no means, a CPU-throttling-and-how-to-fix-it person, but I guess, take the Master Chief guy out? LOL

For real though, I think you should be fine. As long as you're not losing any bad performance, you should be good to go. Your case seems to have good airflow, I think you're fine. Maybe turn down the overclock a bit, who knows?

1 hour ago, spectr3x said:

I am, by no means, a CPU-throttling-and-how-to-fix-it person, but I guess, take the Master Chief guy out? LOL

For real though, I think you should be fine. As long as you're not losing any bad performance, you should be good to go. Your case seems to have good airflow, I think you're fine. Maybe turn down the overclock a bit, who knows?

Lool the gpu is so heavy I had to throw something in there for now. Yea there’s tons of air flow. My water temp has never gone above 25c and the gpu runs around 49c while gaming so there’s no issues there. It’s just that small spike for 10 seconds or so. I know i9’s can run hotter than most and it’s within max by a long shot. I just don’t know much about normal gaming pc behaviour 

20 hours ago, Xxrudebouyxx said:

Lool the gpu is so heavy I had to throw something in there for now. Yea there’s tons of air flow. My water temp has never gone above 25c and the gpu runs around 49c while gaming so there’s no issues there. It’s just that small spike for 10 seconds or so. I know i9’s can run hotter than most and it’s within max by a long shot. I just don’t know much about normal gaming pc behaviour 

Well, as long as nothing bad is going am I right XD

It's pretty normal for such an aggressive overclock, I think. I only have a 6th Gen i7, that's locked, so I don't know much about overclocking a CPU. In theory, if you don't want the spike, then turn down the OC. It's pretty normal since the CPU has to load in the world and the map, and it needs to use resources.

Hope this helps!

Spectr3x