Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
InfinityVive

PAIN!

Posted · Original PosterOP

So my I exceeded my home internet money plan limit (Which is 120 GBs) and now I am suffering from "fair usage limit" it makes my internet speed 256 KBPS, My internet monthly plan will get renewed after an hour, but damn, I have to tell you folks about my pain...

So here's the problem, My ISP is either a freaking scumbag scammer or they currently have a problem, Because the internet speed was supposed to 256 KBPS, That internet should be enough to at least open a basic website, I can't open speedtest by Ookla to tell you about my current internet speed, but I will try to describe it, All photos are refusing to load, no matter how small, No matter how light, all photos don't load, And all websites are refusing to even open up, currently linustechtips.com is the only website my internet can open right now for some reason, And my internet is also refusing to load interface, it only Loads text, like literally, ONLY TEXT, And currently while I am writing this I don't see any interface, just organized text, I can't even see the "Notify Me For Replies" switch...

And ye, I can't test my download speed because all websites are currently refusing to load (except LTT)...

And now here's the problem with ping, Online eSport titles like CS:GO should not be internet intensive, But when I started playing CS:GO I noticed a ping for 9400+ ms (about 9 seconds) and it was obvious before I got into game because of how slow the response of the game when clicking on a map to search for a match on it and browsing community servers is...

Also the launcher game files scanning takes so long, I will link a capture of how long APB Reloaded launcher game files scan took...

(If you are reading this, I already got through 57 minutes of loading just for freaking text without interface to show up...)

Edit: The upload failed because my internet is also refusing to upload any photos, but it took around 2 Hours till now and it's currently at 10%, Only 10%, 2 hours=10% for this freaking game to scan even though it scanned in like 4 seconds before I exceeded the fair usage limit...

Posted · Original PosterOP

11 minutes ago, Stu_Bear said:

You are in Egypt ?

Yes, Make looking at my profile your first-go before submitting replies like this...

(And it took me quiet a while to find the Quote button...)

10 minutes ago, InfinityVive said:

I can't open speedtest by Ookla to tell you about my current internet speed, but I will try to describe it, All photos are refusing to load, no matter how small, No matter how light, all photos don't load, And all websites are refusing to even open up, currently linustechtips.com is the only website my internet can open right now for some reason, And my internet is also refusing to load interface, it only Loads text, like literally, ONLY TEXT, And currently while I am writing this I don't see any interface, just organized text, I can't even see the "Notify Me For Replies" switch...

Because most modern web pages are multiple megabytes in size due to JavaScript, images, videos... You'd be surprised how much data you use even when you're just casually surfing, listening to music and watching a few YouTube videos. I easily use multiple GBs per day just with that.

Simply loading this topic is about 5 MB in size, according to Firefox

5 MB -> 40,960 Kbit

40,960 Kbit @ 256 Kbps -> 2:40 minutes

I know mobile Firefox can disable loading of images and Opera has some kind of turbo mode that uses compression etc. that might help you surf the web a bit "faster" by loading only essential stuff. Not sure how much of that is available on desktop.

Remember to quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

* thread locked *

Sorry to hear, but this type of content is better suited as a status update

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

VPN server guide

Guide to run any software as Admin

NiceHash Mining Guide

Ethereum Mining Guide

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 240GB Avexir E100 Storage: 2x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in