Turning a PS4 into a PC

Mewnova

If I change a PS4's hard drive to one with windows 10, wouldn't it run like a PC?

I'm looking for guidance because I recently picked upa ps4 pro hoping that I could turn into a PC

I have heard people getting linux on it. Pretty sure windows is almost impossible for some reason.              

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

1 minute ago, Jae Tee said:

I have heard people getting linux on it. Pretty sure windows is almost impossible for some reason.              

You mean because of the lack of drivers, unsupported CPU instruction sets, or locked down nature of the boot-loader?

People were able to get Linux on a PS3 but the PS4 is much more locked down.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

38 minutes ago, Lurick said:

You mean because of the lack of drivers, unsupported CPU instruction sets, or locked down nature of the boot-loader?

People were able to get Linux on a PS3 but the PS4 is much more locked down.

There are ways of getting Linux on a PS3 (due to official firmware) and the PS4 (through jailbreaking it by exploiting a vulnerable firmware), but you're not going to get a "PC" out of it.

47 minutes ago, Mewnova said:

If I change a PS4's hard drive to one with windows 10, wouldn't it run like a PC?

I'm looking for guidance because I recently picked upa ps4 pro hoping that I could turn into a PC

Here you go...

39 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Here you go...

It really is a shame though, I wish you could.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

14 hours ago, Jae Tee said:

It really is a shame though, I wish you could.

When you can get much better hardware for same price, with much better cooling, I'lve always wondered why. I can understand Linux as thats so much slimmer and lightweight. So making HTPC of old console would add value. But Windows is just crapshoot.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

16 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

When you can get much better hardware for same price, with much better cooling, I'lve always wondered why. I can understand Linux as thats so much slimmer and lightweight. So making HTPC of old console would add value. But Windows is just crapshoot.

Yeah, but being able to play XBOX games on an XBOX, AND do PC only stuff would be really cool. Plus it WOULD make a cool sff gaming pc.