BIOS doesn't detect SSD connected via PCI-E adapter

NotBoraAtAll

So I bought a new nvm.e ssd today and plugged it to my MSI B150 Gaming M3 motherboard with the help of a nvme adapter that plugs into a PCI-E slot. I already had windows set up on my older ssd so I went onto that and set up the new ssd as GPT and downloaded windows on it with my flash drive. But when I go to my bios to start up with my new ssd, it won't show up. What can I do now? I have no clue, its seen by windows but not by BIOS. Could it be because its connected by an adapter? 

P00214-212623.jpg

I’m going to guess it’s going to be a bios limitation. May not support booting from the PCIe bus.

19 hours ago, NewMaxx said:

Yeah, update the BIOS to see if it can manage NVMe booting via UEFI.

Hey! Thanks for the tip, would downloading the last one be enough? Or should I download and apply all of them?

48 minutes ago, NotBoraAtAll said:

Hey! Thanks for the tip, would downloading the last one be enough? Or should I download and apply all of them?

The most recent! 

1 hour ago, NewMaxx said:

The most recent! 

Done, but still nothing shows up :( i both tried the pci adapter (i just found out that its pci 1 and not pcie 4x/16x) and the m.2 slot on the board but nothing shows up :( i watched a few vids and saw that people had m.2 on their device list but i dont! :( And also the bios shows m.2 genie but i cant use it. Aaaand AHCI is locked now, for whatever reason. It wasn't before :') (the lg monitor pic is from a vid, the other one is mine)

P00215-210636(1).jpg

S00215-194456(1).jpg

23 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Does it show up under the boot menu? It won't show under sata devices.

Does it show up in the windows installer?

What boot menu sir? And yes, i even downloaded windows but then it crashed both itself and my old ssd. Now im having problems setting up windows on either of them haha :D btw it should look like this i found it on youtube.

S00215-194456(1).jpg

17 minutes ago, NotBoraAtAll said:

What boot menu sir? And yes, i even downloaded windows but then it crashed both itself and my old ssd. Now im having problems setting up windows on either of them haha :D btw it should look like this i found it on youtube.

That pic is from a different boards, so it will look different

When did windows crash? 

What does windows show in the installer menu.