Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Windows7ge

A Post Test Post Button

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I use the Test Posts section for drafts, and the way in which I make them they're very time consuming to manually copy into a normal public forum post.

 

Example: A Beginners Guide to Debian CLI Based File Servers

 

If there were a Post Test Post button that loaded the Test Post into a Create Topic page that'd be amazing.


Guides & Tutorials:

How to Format Storage Devices in Windows 10

A How-To: Drive Sharing in Windows 10

VFIO GPU Pass-though w/ Looking Glass KVM on Ubuntu 19.04

A How-To Guide: Building a Rudimentary Disk Enclosure

Three Methods to Resetting a Windows Login Password

A Beginners Guide to Debian CLI Based File Servers

A Beginners Guide to PROXMOX

How to Use Rsync on Microsoft Windows for Cross-platform Automatic Data Replication

 

Guide/Tutorial in Progress:

A Beginners Guide to Servers

 

In the Queue:

[Taking Suggestions]

 

Don't see what you need? Check the Full List or *PM me, if I haven't made it I'll add it to the list.

*NOTE: I'll only add it to the list if the request is something I know I can do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why time consuming? If you go edit the test post, copy everything in the edit box, paste in the new topic it should come out the same straight away.


F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX2080S, 2TB NVMe SSD, 2x16TB HDD RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB NVMe SSD RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K / GPD Win 2

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

Why time consuming? If you go edit the test post, copy everything in the edit box, paste in the new topic it should come out the same straight away.

Unfortunately that has not been my experience. Either the Spoilers copy in empty, don't populate at all or the contents of code sections copy in as plain text I then have to manually go back and put everything inside Spoilers and recreate all of the code tags among other issues.

 

I had an instance where I somehow put everything in a broken spoiler only mortis had to power to fix. We still don't know how that happened but doing one large copy/paste does not work.


Guides & Tutorials:

How to Format Storage Devices in Windows 10

A How-To: Drive Sharing in Windows 10

VFIO GPU Pass-though w/ Looking Glass KVM on Ubuntu 19.04

A How-To Guide: Building a Rudimentary Disk Enclosure

Three Methods to Resetting a Windows Login Password

A Beginners Guide to Debian CLI Based File Servers

A Beginners Guide to PROXMOX

How to Use Rsync on Microsoft Windows for Cross-platform Automatic Data Replication

 

Guide/Tutorial in Progress:

A Beginners Guide to Servers

 

In the Queue:

[Taking Suggestions]

 

Don't see what you need? Check the Full List or *PM me, if I haven't made it I'll add it to the list.

*NOTE: I'll only add it to the list if the request is something I know I can do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don't mind it being dropped down in the list, you can report for moving. But as its already posted, it wont show up in side bar. It will show as unread, but since subforums are sorted by time of last post, it can be pages deep.


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, LogicalDrm said:

If you don't mind it being dropped down in the list, you can report for moving. But as its already posted, it wont show up in side bar. It will show as unread, but since subforums are sorted by time of last post, it can be pages deep.

I actually spoke with wkdpaul about this while addressing something else and he brought the post date/time to my attention.

 

That would be undesirable and I'd rather not waste the time of the mods every time I want to post a new guide/tutorial.


Guides & Tutorials:

How to Format Storage Devices in Windows 10

A How-To: Drive Sharing in Windows 10

VFIO GPU Pass-though w/ Looking Glass KVM on Ubuntu 19.04

A How-To Guide: Building a Rudimentary Disk Enclosure

Three Methods to Resetting a Windows Login Password

A Beginners Guide to Debian CLI Based File Servers

A Beginners Guide to PROXMOX

How to Use Rsync on Microsoft Windows for Cross-platform Automatic Data Replication

 

Guide/Tutorial in Progress:

A Beginners Guide to Servers

 

In the Queue:

[Taking Suggestions]

 

Don't see what you need? Check the Full List or *PM me, if I haven't made it I'll add it to the list.

*NOTE: I'll only add it to the list if the request is something I know I can do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

I actually spoke with wkdpaul about this while addressing something else and he brought the post date/time to my attention.

 

That would be undesirable and I'd rather not waste the time of the mods every time I want to post a new guide/tutorial.

Moving a thread is among the quickest moderator-things. So don't mind about that. (Now, reviewing 10 page thread is another matter....)


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not possible to do that, but it should work fine to copy from the editor of your test post into the editor for the actual post.


HTTP/2 203

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, colonel_mortis said:

It's not possible to do that, but it should work fine to copy from the editor of your test post into the editor for the actual post.

Although I'm curious as to why I'll just take your word for it.

 

I noticed something peculiar when copying content that contains images. The images don't display at the bottom as attachments and the 20MB limit does not decrease (visibly at least). Don't know if this would cause issues when posting.


Guides & Tutorials:

How to Format Storage Devices in Windows 10

A How-To: Drive Sharing in Windows 10

VFIO GPU Pass-though w/ Looking Glass KVM on Ubuntu 19.04

A How-To Guide: Building a Rudimentary Disk Enclosure

Three Methods to Resetting a Windows Login Password

A Beginners Guide to Debian CLI Based File Servers

A Beginners Guide to PROXMOX

How to Use Rsync on Microsoft Windows for Cross-platform Automatic Data Replication

 

Guide/Tutorial in Progress:

A Beginners Guide to Servers

 

In the Queue:

[Taking Suggestions]

 

Don't see what you need? Check the Full List or *PM me, if I haven't made it I'll add it to the list.

*NOTE: I'll only add it to the list if the request is something I know I can do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Although I'm curious as to why I'll just take your word for it.

 

I noticed something peculiar when copying content that contains images. The images don't display at the bottom as attachments and the 20MB limit does not decrease (visibly at least). Don't know if this would cause issues when posting.

Well, it is theoretically possible, but it isn't supported by the forum software or easy to implement with it, so it would take a lot of effort across several parts of the code to make it work.

 

When you copy images from another post it will reuse the existing uploaded image, so it doesn't count towards your quota for that post.


HTTP/2 203

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Well, it is theoretically possible, but it isn't supported by the forum software or easy to implement with it, so it would take a lot of effort across several parts of the code to make it work.

 

When you copy images from another post it will reuse the existing uploaded image, so it doesn't count towards your quota for that post.

That's what I figured. Oh well, it was an idea.

 

Hopefully nobody abuses that because if I understand you correctly that'd give the potential for infinite images in a single post so long as each individual image is less than 20MB in size.


Guides & Tutorials:

How to Format Storage Devices in Windows 10

A How-To: Drive Sharing in Windows 10

VFIO GPU Pass-though w/ Looking Glass KVM on Ubuntu 19.04

A How-To Guide: Building a Rudimentary Disk Enclosure

Three Methods to Resetting a Windows Login Password

A Beginners Guide to Debian CLI Based File Servers

A Beginners Guide to PROXMOX

How to Use Rsync on Microsoft Windows for Cross-platform Automatic Data Replication

 

Guide/Tutorial in Progress:

A Beginners Guide to Servers

 

In the Queue:

[Taking Suggestions]

 

Don't see what you need? Check the Full List or *PM me, if I haven't made it I'll add it to the list.

*NOTE: I'll only add it to the list if the request is something I know I can do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×