Looking for a simple IT ticketing system

NicolasD

Hi,

i recently became the solo IT person for the company i work for, i would like to have an IT ticketing system to help me with follow-ups and helping people reach me more easily.

having an interface that can be opened by one of my users on their computer, describe the problem and add a screenshot if needed.

i've been suggested Zoho Desk, but i see it as a much bigger thing than i need, as we already have remote control capabilities with Automate ScreenConnect.

We don't want the Automate ticketing solution added as it is way too expensive, as quoted by our reseller.

I pretty much need a simple solution for a cheap price.

also: i don't understand what they mean with "agent" vs "users", having an agent is someone who receive tickets while users are the people who sends the tickets?

sorry if my english isn't perfect, it is my 2nd language.

Hello @NicolasD,

If you want to implement something that is free and you have the time to configure, have a look into GLPI.

Hi @Slizie,

thanks for your answer, but it is still more than i'm looking for.

I already got an inventory and licence management software in Automate.

all i'm looking for is the ticketing system, i like how they show it in this picture:

schema-glpi-3.png

after that, simply being able to search closed tickets and it's all that i'm looking for.

also, as i'm now alone, i won't have time to spend too much time integrating a big solution.

After looking into it for a while today, i fell upon Jira Service Desk by Atlassian.

As a web-based solution, it doesn't have too many extra features that bogs it down, like too many that i've looked at and lets me have a lot of customisation for the forms for the users.

Hello @NicolasD, I have used Jira service desk in the past and I have to say it's quite good, also my company still has several instances of Jira running.

However I think that Jira is quite expensive we got an offer for 3 admin operators for about 40k a year which is completely berserk.

Either way Jira is a good, highly customisable and if you take the time you can make it extremely user friendly.

Hopefully you will find something that suits you.

Best of luck