Tesla returns yoinked self driving feature to second hand model S

spartaman64
14 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

I dumbed it down, so what.

The term Highway at least in canada has 2 definitions, one where pedestrians are allowed and ones that they are not, it's perfectly possible to think the USA (maybe not your state, or it does but you don't know about it) has similar laws. When was the last time you read your road laws in full? I bet never.

I would expect rural doctors to do house calls more than city ones, for obvious reasons, but that depends on region and doctor. In worst case a doctor could go outside of their practice zone in certain cases.

Cash and Notarization are one of the few things that needs a actual location, for cash a ATM would suffice, fee free or not. For notary well, that depends on what you need done. However unless you are on your death bed and want to change something in your will last minute because @Egg-Roll is being an ass and you wanted to remove them from your will, well I'm sure a local lawyer would be more than happy to do a house call.

It's a BMW... Don't trust BMW, assuming the cells are as good as Teslas, the cells should outlast the cars usefulness. 45mph is a number I pulled out of my ass as a average for a commuter (think the avg mpg adverts) knowing highway speeds are around 60/65 and city is around 30/35.

I think one can pick up a hybrid for about 5,000 now, maybe not the best hybrid but a hybrid still. Also the fuel savings depends on where one drives, I know someone with a plugin that barely uses the gas function, they bought it new and not used however.

You missed my point, my point is if one wanted they could find things they can improve on.

No factual evidence? Maybe maybe not. Here is the issue with the general person, they are gullible, this means if one person says it's good they are more willing to try, it's why I'm confident that everyone rich or poor are making some sort of bad purchase decisions. Maybe don't buy that new phone maybe don't buy that burger from the shop that you just passed, maybe don't use the drive threw when the line is more than 2 cars long. Everything helps, its those little things that matter. People are stupid when they see a mass movement, this is because people are sociable asses that see something and copy it.

Also please don't defame me and call me a "Financial Advisor", those people are scam artists out to make money off of you, they don't care about you your savings or nothing. I have read a few articles (I think from the T star) that have given some of the most idiotic advise I've ever seen. The best way of finding ones faults are still writing down your spending figuring out what you can live with out, you'd be surprised. It shouldn't take a Financial Advisor to tell you that much, but apparently it does.

Activists can't do much, if the bill passes it passes, deal with it. If the backlash becomes too great then sure they could revoke it, but in this case they wouldn't because the whole world would be frowning at the country, you know all 6.5 billion others.

Correct, no voter id is completly different than cars, voting is a right, driving is not. You are literally comparing a right to a privilege, now who's ignorant? Poor people who can't justify anything but a beater are the ones you don't want on the road, they wouldn't be able to afford payouts if they get into accidents and if they even have insurance at all. Those who go starving w/o a car are clearly living above their means, cruel words? Maybe, but that is realistic, if you can't afford where you are find somewhere cheaper. If you are scrapping the barrel well shit not much lower one can go. This means if you are stuck as a barista at a coffee shop maybe move to a place that rent is 33% of your income and a walk away instead of 80% of your income with car costs. Be smarter not a foolish sheep that has to follow stupid standards set out by those who are making more money than you.

i40 is the equivalent to the 400 series, it's the lower speed roads you can use them, and unless you live on a farm that directly attaches itself to the highway there should be plenty of those. Maybe you don't know them because you only take one route.

You keep saying decades yet the second the EU ban hits things will change fast, just wait and see.

Actually it does, Obama set a really high standard that would have pushed most companies to go all hybrid in all models (to my understanding) or engineer a more efficient engine at least to meet the requirements. Doing so would have been costly, and would have pushed them more towards EV's since those are going to be the future so why invest in a now short term tech? I wasn't referring to current production models, but apparently you think MPG regulations automatically apply to all vehicles, they don't. The regulations are to push for more efficient vehicles for a future date, in some cases it's a average in others it's a maximum for a class of vehicle. These regulations would have pushed manufactures to have invested heaver into the EV future than they currently have to with Trump in office.

Your last statement is funny. Just because it doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean it is wrong, if evidence is not given (this isn't a University paper requiring to reference every little bit of work) doesn't mean it's wrong or incorrect. Maybe some of my claim are wrong however all you have done is nay say and left it at that. I find it really hard to believe you live in a area that one would need to use a highway to do something as simple as shop for groceries, a doctor or even bank, I've never seen such a setup nor have I ever heard of one till you started whining about it. You could live in a area that requires a stupidly long walk to do some of them without public transit but that's it.

Even a small town like Tottenham (actually not a town but part of New Tecumseth which most live near Honda) in Ontario has 2 grocery stores several doctors and 2/4 major banks, all within reasonable walking distance, tho probably not wanting to walk it in the winter months. Maybe you should rediscover where you live or move before whining about it.

Theres literally no point continuing to talk to you when you are just being ignorant. 

You keep comparing canada to the us. Why? Two totally different countries with totally different laws. It does not matter what goes on in canada. 

Its not common to have a doctor to do a home visit. My insurance costs more a month then alot of poor people make in a month and it doesnt cover doctors who do home visit. 

Its illegal to walk on the highway here. I knew that law long before this thread and looked it up again. 

I cannot legally physically get to the nearest grocery store by walking. I have to talk the highway. Unless you think gas stations count as a grocery store. How many small towns in the US have you been to? In most the houses ive lived in we lived roughly 15 miles away from a city. In AZ, OK, IA, SC, and NC it was like that. Hell ive lived in 6 different houses in NC not including my home now and none of them had a grocery store that could be legally walked to in a reasonable time.

You seem to know exactly what poor people can afford (without knowing how much they make or what their monthly bills are). You think they can only afford a cheap car because they are buying flagship phones every year and buying $4 coffees every morning.

Also before Trump was ever elected the agreement was being changed. 9 years before the regulation would of went to effect it was being changed/delayed. Also the regulations didnt impact SUVs and heavy duty trucks to begin with.

I've lived a total of 2 years in my life where groceries was within walking distance (<2miles IMO since carrying shit back). Even in many US small/midsized cities, the assumption is you have a car, the design is you have a car. At best the assumption is that you rely on public transport to ferry groceries (I have done that, and while a nightmare, does **work**).

Over 20 years living in places where the nearest grocery store was at least 5 miles away, and all of those also predicated highways where walking is indeed technically illegal.  Rest in between.

And none of those locations were considered **middle of nowhere** by US standards. 6 of those years were within the official limits of the second largest city of my state.

Also your maintenance free beamer is a bad joke, insurance is a nightmare, and taxes/fees are things. Seriously. EVs don't make sense for everyone, and they certainly arent automatically cheaper to own or even run. Accept that because it's the truth.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

1 minute ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

I've lived a total of 2 years in my life where groceries was within walking distance (<2miles IMO since carrying shit back). Even in many US small/midsized cities, the assumption is you have a car, the design is you have a car. At best the assumption is that you rely on public transport to ferry groceries (I have done that, and while a nightmare, does **work**).

Over 20 years living in places where the nearest grocery store was at least 5 miles away, and all of those also predicated highways where walking is indeed technically illegal.  Rest in between.

And none of those locations were considered **middle of nowhere** by US standards. 6 of those years where within the official limits of the second largest city of my state.

I live in a municipal region (An amalgamation of 3 separate cities that are physically located right next to each other - 2 of them literally are a block away from each other) of about half a million people. This is considered extremely large for Canada.

I don't live within walking distance of a grocery store. Not really, anyway. Yes, there is a grocery store (numerous ones, actually) within a 5-10 minute drive. And one of them is close enough to walk to - but only if you're like, buying a single bag of light groceries (like some bread or eggs). The distance is enough that if you were to carry home a full load of groceries, it would be incredibly difficult and annoying to do. You'd also be severely limited by how much you could carry over that distance.

Public transport helps a bit in that regard, since you can set your groceries down (if there's room), but having done that? Fuck that shit. Grocery shopping on the bus sucks so bad.

I think car sharing services are a good idea - there's a community car sharing service here. But they certainly aren't for everyone. I personally use my car for work, as we have multiple locations that I need to drive between frequently. But even if I didn't, I'd still have a car.

Does that make me selfish? Yes, to some degree. But the convenience factor is so massive that I would be very hard pressed to give it up. If a better system comes out, perhaps it might convince me to ditch the car one day. But in the mean time, I definitely consider the environmental impact of the car I buy during my purchase decision making process.

My next car will almost certainly be a hybrid at the minimum. A full EV (or PHEV) would be ideal, but I rent right now, so PBEV and PHEV will have to wait until I buy a house or condo.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

32 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I live in a municipal region (An amalgamation of 3 separate cities that are physically located right next to each other - 2 of them literally are a block away from each other) of about half a million people. This is considered extremely large for Canada.

I don't live within walking distance of a grocery store. Not really, anyway. Yes, there is a grocery store (numerous ones, actually) within a 5-10 minute drive. And one of them is close enough to walk to - but only if you're like, buying a single bag of light groceries (like some bread or eggs). The distance is enough that if you were to carry home a full load of groceries, it would be incredibly difficult and annoying to do. You'd also be severely limited by how much you could carry over that distance.

Public transport helps a bit in that regard, since you can set your groceries down (if there's room), but having done that? Fuck that shit. Grocery shopping on the bus sucks so bad.

I think car sharing services are a good idea - there's a community car sharing service here. But they certainly aren't for everyone. I personally use my car for work, as we have multiple locations that I need to drive between frequently. But even if I didn't, I'd still have a car.

Does that make me selfish? Yes, to some degree. But the convenience factor is so massive that I would be very hard pressed to give it up. If a better system comes out, perhaps it might convince me to ditch the car one day. But in the mean time, I definitely consider the environmental impact of the car I buy during my purchase decision making process.

My next car will almost certainly be a hybrid at the minimum. A full EV (or PHEV) would be ideal, but I rent right now, so PBEV and PHEV will have to wait until I buy a house or condo.

Agreed. Carrying arms full of food on the bus was one of my least pleasant attempts to manage the situation.

I can highly recommend hybrids as cost effective improvements over normal cars if you can accept being the slowest stuff on the road (at highway speeds, 0-30 isn't terrible in hybrids generally). And makes living arrangements much more flexible in a single vehicle household. 

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

3 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Agreed. Carrying arms full of food on the bus was one of my least pleasant attempts to manage the situation.

I can highly recommend hybrids as cost effective improvements over normal cars if you can accept being the slowest stuff on the road (at highway speeds, 0-30 isn't terrible in hybrids generally). And makes living arrangements much more flexible in a single vehicle household. 

We actually have 2 vehicles - we're fortunate enough to have parking for both. Mine is a '14 2.0L Jetta, and my fiancee's is a '05 V6 Camry. Hers chugs fuel, but it's also a crazy good and reliable car.

Whichever one ends up needing replacement first will likely get the Hybrid treatment. After that, the next one will hopefully be an EV.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)