Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
charbel1011

Corsair hxi vs rmx?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP
29 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Specs, use case, budget etc...?

 

With this little info all one can really say is HXi is more expensive and "better" but not much else.

I9 9900k,64gb memory,2 ssds might upgrade to 3 ssds,i have 1 aio, evga ftw3 ultra 2080 ti. leds.and 5 fans from corsair hd and ll. I was running a 850x but for some reason i think its causing some problems or failing. Money aint a problem. I can spend 500$ on a psu if i have to. Recommendation?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

I9 9900k,64gb memory,2 ssds might upgrade to 3 ssds,i have 1 aio, evga ftw3 ultra 2080 ti. leds.and 5 fans from corsair hd and ll. I was running a 850x but for some reason i think its causing some problems or failing. Money aint a problem. I can spend 500$ on a psu if i have to. Recommendation?

Well it's not for lack of power, so you could use another 850x if you just think this one is going bad. Perhaps RMA it. I could understand not wanting the down time though.

If money is no object and you want an HX, then the HX850i is nice. I tend to like Corsair's i series PSUs because I find the data on power usage interesting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
13 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Well it's not for lack of power, so you could use another 850x if you just think this one is going bad. Perhaps RMA it. I could understand not wanting the down time though.

If money is no object and you want an HX, then the HX850i is nice. I tend to like Corsair's i series PSUs because I find the data on power usage interesting.

So the hxi 1200 is a good top top tier psu like the rmx?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cavalry Canuck said:

Hijacking this a bit for the sake of my own curiosity. What actually makes the Hxis better?

to explain it simply, the hxi has a couple things in advantage

  • similar cwt platform, but upgraded
  • higher efficiency
  • current monitoring via icue

if you want the exact technical details, @jonnyGURU will be your man


PSU Tier List 4.0//Motherboard Tier List//Community Standards//ATX Specification//Group Regulation//Topologies and Regulations//How many watts?//PSU Protections

Don't forget to quote or mention me

 

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: I5-8600k 5.0ghz

GPU: GTX 1070 ti EVGA SC Gaming

RAM: 2x8 3333 mhz DDR4 Trident Z

MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC

HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM Seagate Baracudda, 1 TB 5400 RPM Samsung Spinpoint HD103SI

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB

Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB (modified)

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX650

 

Consoles:

Spoiler

PS4 Slim Glacier White 500 GB

PS4 FTP Special Edition 500 GB

PS3 Super Slim 500 GB

PS2 OG

Xbox OG

DS Lite White

DS Lite Black/blue

DS Lite Blue

DSI XL Orange

Gameboy Advanced Color

PS Vita v2

Wii

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

to explain it simply, the hxi has a couple things in advantage

  • similar cwt platform, but upgraded
  • higher efficiency
  • current monitoring via icue

if you want the exact technical details, @jonnyGURU will be your man

Nah..

 

Efficiency shouldn't be any higher between HX and HXi.  The two platforms are EXACTLY THE SAME except for the Link/iCUE compatability.

 

Of course, the HX has the "Type 4" cables which adds the sense wires and capacitors; but that's neither here nor there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jonnyGURU said:

Nah..

I'm talking about hxi vs rmx here, not hx...


PSU Tier List 4.0//Motherboard Tier List//Community Standards//ATX Specification//Group Regulation//Topologies and Regulations//How many watts?//PSU Protections

Don't forget to quote or mention me

 

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: I5-8600k 5.0ghz

GPU: GTX 1070 ti EVGA SC Gaming

RAM: 2x8 3333 mhz DDR4 Trident Z

MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC

HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM Seagate Baracudda, 1 TB 5400 RPM Samsung Spinpoint HD103SI

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB

Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB (modified)

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX650

 

Consoles:

Spoiler

PS4 Slim Glacier White 500 GB

PS4 FTP Special Edition 500 GB

PS3 Super Slim 500 GB

PS2 OG

Xbox OG

DS Lite White

DS Lite Black/blue

DS Lite Blue

DSI XL Orange

Gameboy Advanced Color

PS Vita v2

Wii

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

I'm talking about hxi vs rmx here, not hx...

Oh.. Well, the newer RMx ("2018 edition") actually isn't the same platform as HX/HXi.  The old RMx was.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Oh.. Well, the newer RMx ("2018 edition") actually isn't the same platform as HX/HXi.  The old RMx was.

gps base and shorter, it was just easier to give a laymans compare here

 

and between hx and hxi is just subjective what you want at that point, slightly better performance due to better voltage or the icue functionality


PSU Tier List 4.0//Motherboard Tier List//Community Standards//ATX Specification//Group Regulation//Topologies and Regulations//How many watts?//PSU Protections

Don't forget to quote or mention me

 

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: I5-8600k 5.0ghz

GPU: GTX 1070 ti EVGA SC Gaming

RAM: 2x8 3333 mhz DDR4 Trident Z

MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC

HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM Seagate Baracudda, 1 TB 5400 RPM Samsung Spinpoint HD103SI

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB

Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB (modified)

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX650

 

Consoles:

Spoiler

PS4 Slim Glacier White 500 GB

PS4 FTP Special Edition 500 GB

PS3 Super Slim 500 GB

PS2 OG

Xbox OG

DS Lite White

DS Lite Black/blue

DS Lite Blue

DSI XL Orange

Gameboy Advanced Color

PS Vita v2

Wii

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, charbel1011 said:

I was running a 850x but for some reason i think its causing some problems or failing.

Are you still trying to replace the power supply because of the memory errors you got?

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1139783-what-are-the-signs-of-bad-psu/

 

Or is this a different issue that is actually related to the PSU? In which case you should RMA your current RMx. Unless the downtime is a concern like Den-fi mentioned there's no reason to buy a new PSU when you still have warranty covering your current one.


CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz G.Skill Ripjaws 5 | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, Spotty said:

Are you still trying to replace the power supply because of the memory errors you got?

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1139783-what-are-the-signs-of-bad-psu/

 

Or is this a different issue that is actually related to the PSU? In which case you should RMA your current RMx. Unless the downtime is a concern like Den-fi mentioned there's no reason to buy a new PSU when you still have warranty covering your current one.

I went with the hx1200i was on sale on amazon for 269$. I hope this psu treats me good.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×