Front USB 3.0 Ports on new case won't work

Josiah_L

I moved my PC parts to a new case and for some reason the front usb 3.0 ports wont work (there is two of them) One is not powered at all, the other one has power (only powers small devices such as USB and a non gaming mouse) but doesn't get detected by Windows. I tried playing around with the USB 3.0 Header by unplugging and plugging it in and moving it around to see if it would work but it does not I made sure that it was properly sitted. I am not so sure what to do at this point so I really need help so I can start playing again! My case is a CoolerMaster MB500

image.png.fefaa1c828e57a3af2db8aa717e8273f.png

image.png.0cf2d446cb75b0a98fd90b60403dde09.png

Could be the case, could be the mobo, could be the connection of the case to the mobo.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Could be the case, could be the mobo, could be the connection of the case to the mobo.

I might take my PC to where I bought the case and see if they diagnose and fix it