Seasonic M12II Bronze 750w vs EVGA 750 B3 750W

ShaDough

Hi! Just wondering which PSU is better at 750w. I'm building a budget PC and I want to know which is worth the price.

Edit : I have MSI b450 tomahawk, Ryzen 7 2700x (at a discounted price). 2 8gb ram 3000mhz and rx580.

I would go for the Seasonic.

More reliable brand and also have more cables, the one you need for the extra 4 pin power cpu connector 

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

18 minutes ago, ShaDough said:

Hi! Just wondering which PSU is better at 750w. I'm building a budget PC and I want to know which is worth the price.

What specs you planning (or have)? 750w may be overkill and for same price you may get lower watt psu but better quality.

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

any low end, high wattage PU is worse than a low wattage, good PSU. Since you're building a "budget" PC I'd recommend a Corsair CX450, which can power a pretty decently high end PC, and it's of better quality than both you listed.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Both rather average PSUs performance and value wise (but Seasonic one should be better of the two), if this is low\mid-range rig (like on GTX1660 Ti \ RX5600 XT \ RX 570, but probably not RX580\590) then Corsair CX \ CM MWE Gold \ be quiet! Pure Power 10\11 would better choices (if they're cheaper), and if it's high-end rig, cheaping out on the PSU are just wrong, get smth in the 80-100$ range like Corsair RMx, Seasonic Focus GX\GM, Bitfenix Whisper \ Formula, be quiet! Straight Power 11, lots of them, see PSU tier list 4.0 tier A. And yes, regarding wattage, you don't need 750W (although 750W version of Seasonic M12II are way better than lower wattage ones, that's not usually the case with other PSUs), 550W would be more than enough for most gaming PCs, even high-end ones, 650W if you can get smth of the same quality level for 5-10$ more.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

30 minutes ago, Whiro said:

What specs you planning (or have)? 750w may be overkill and for same price you may get lower watt psu but better quality.

@WhiroI have MSI b450 tomahawk, Ryzen 7 2700x (at a discounted price). 2 8gb ram 3000mhz and rx580. 

49 minutes ago, ShaDough said:

Hi! Just wondering which PSU is better at 750w.

LOLOLOLOL!

8 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

LOLOLOLOL!

6 minutes ago, ShaDough said:

@jonnyGURU not a tech guy. excuse my ignorance.

Absorb higher knowledge when you have a chance !

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

4 hours ago, Constantin said:

I would go for the Seasonic.

More reliable brand and also have more cables, the one you need for the extra 4 pin power cpu connector 

...Of course you would say that.

5 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

LOLOLOLOL!

may i laugh with you?

these are PSUs I'd buy for maybe an apu system

if you actually need 750w, you can afford better

you probably don't, get a decent 550w

there's a psu tier list at the top of this subforum, but if you can state country and budget i can help looking for one

1 hour ago, Max1996LTT said:

...Of course you would say that.

both can be RSY anyways ?

4 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

but if you can state country and budget i can help looking for one

@LukeSavenije I'm in PH. around 5k php

13 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

not that deep into the market... do you have a shop or two for me?

@LukeSavenije we don't have a lot of online shops. So I mostly search online and have the physical stores order the unit. I use https://www.lazada.com.ph/ to check prices and https://pcx.com.ph/

5 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

you probably don't, get a decent 550w

Can my components run at 550w?

13 minutes ago, ShaDough said:

Can my components run at 550w?

they can even run on a 450w just fine

i'd just look on the shops for yourself then, at least tier b, but higher is of course better

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

they can even run on a 450w just fine

i'd just look on the shops for yourself then, at least tier b, but higher is of course better

Cool. I'll check the tier list then. Thank you.