Do Pixels slow down?

So as many know, iPhones generally slow down due to Apple intentionally doing this with updates. I wanted to know if anyone with an older Google Pixel phone has experienced lag or slow-down over about 2 years. I have Pixel 3a I want to keep until 2022. I know battery will naturally slow down but what about multitasking, camera, gaming, display, etc.?

software developers will always use the advantage of newer and faster hardware, hence making in harder to run and making an older phone run slower.

here is a quick explanation from techquickie 

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

Phones slow-down just because software 'evolves', ramping-up resource consumption in accordance of currently available hardware, not necessarily improving things on the way, it's just that developers care less about saving CPU time and RAM amount if they have 8-core CPUs and 8GB of RAM on current generation phones. So naturally, your 6 yo smartphone with 2-core CPU and 2GB of RAM will be slow using the same software (if it runs it at all). It's the same both for Apple \ iOS and Google \ Android.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Before reading the thread, I assumed this would have been about pixel response time. You know.. A pixel in a screen.

But devices can become slower because software bloat, storage cells dying, etc.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

14 hours ago, AYDANN6ix9ine said:

So as many know, iPhones generally slow down due to Apple intentionally doing this with updates. I wanted to know if anyone with an older Google Pixel phone has experienced lag or slow-down over about 2 years. I have Pixel 3a I want to keep until 2022. I know battery will naturally slow down but what about multitasking, camera, gaming, display, etc.?

Anecdote incoming. I bought my Pixel 3a in its launch month and it's as snappy as the day I bought it. I haven't noticed any issues with it. My battery is still stellar and I can squeeze out a day and half of moderate use, at least what qualifies as moderate for me. I know on paper it's complete garbage but for me it's the perfect amount.

But we also have to establish what slow down really means. Like, some people bitch that an app takes ten seconds to load as opposed to five...does that really matter? So when it comes to things like the phone locking up, not responding, app crashes and the like, no I haven't experienced those things. Waiting a few extra seconds for something to load? Sure.