Speech to Speech API for Linux C#

AndrewMKlasen

Hello all, I am using a raspberry Pi 4B 4GB with Raspbian and Mono C#, I am looking for a Speech API to replace System.Speech since its not supported in Mono, anyone have any API for a speech to speech for my project?

On 2/13/2020 at 12:19 PM, AndrewMKlasen said:

Hello all, I am using a raspberry Pi 4B 4GB with Raspbian and Mono C#, I am looking for a Speech API to replace System.Speech since its not supported in Mono, anyone have any API for a speech to speech for my project?

Are you looking for a cloud based API or something that can be installed locally?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

53 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Are you looking for a cloud based API or something that can be installed locally?

Something locally, I'm not always going to have network access.

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone found anything. I've found syn.speech but i dont know it itll acually make the Pi Speak

are you wanting text to speech?  for instance having the system spit out sound when you type or do you want it to do speech to text?

5 hours ago, AndrewMKlasen said:

Aucally Speech to Speech, kinda like a smart assistant, I want to try doing it myself.

Understood.

I do not have knowledge of this, but would be interested to see something posted.

There are some decent text to speech projects like fenrir and espeak but not sure about speech to text.  If you could combine the two streams theoretically you could get that to work but it would have a lot of overhead unless programmed in C++ or some such.