EK making their own Prebuilt Desktop

1 hour ago, MageTank said:

This looks identical to Micro Center's PowerSpec X600 lineup except EK went with the 500L/H pump instead of the first gen 250L/H pump: https://www.microcenter.com/product/600165/powerspec-x603-fluid-gaming-desktop-pc?ob=1

Micro Center still sells the standalone kit too: https://www.microcenter.com/product/604134/powerspec-pc-o11-rgb-tempered-glass-eatx-mid-tower-computer-case-with-ek-fluid-gaming-cooling?ob=1

I am not really a fan of the long tube runs for the top rad. I would rather they use smaller bent tubes to go straight into the distro plate or some angled fittings, would make those fans easier to replace in the event that they fail.

Ooof. Big ooof.

7 hours ago, Nowak said:

fair lol

I guess they're just targeting a more "mainstream" audience that doesn't need 12/16 cores, but will be fine with 8 cores

budget parts for a custom water cooled computer though? ... and it starts a 1900 dollars for the 3600x 5700 system ...

what i think of water cooled computers is i already bought all the best parts but still want to spend more so might as well water cool it because lets face it you are not going to get enough extra performance to make the extra cost worth it. so you have to be just willing to spend money

4 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

what i think of water cooled computers is i already bought all the best parts but still want to spend more so might as well water cool it because lets face it you are not going to get enough extra performance to make the extra cost worth it. so you have to be just willing to spend money

The investment in my loop has paid for itself. There is a peace of mind in knowing that your cooling solution won't be your bottleneck and that if you decided to upgrade platforms, you're good as long as your block is compatible. Since I use a big 1260mm radiator and a D5 pump, all I have to do is use QDC's to swap blocks when I benchmark other systems that need a new block (sTRX4 being the latest example for my testing). That, and being able to bench at 5.5ghz on water is pretty neat, lol.

With that being said, I wouldn't consider using hard line with budget components. The chances of having to upgrade/replace the components quicker is too high, and there is no point in making slower hardware look pretty. Then again, I am not one to judge what looks "pretty".

586d63bd-f3e7-423d-b462-aeaf301e5ddb.jpg

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Looks cool and clean. It's quite a bit more than my system in sig but yeah obviously with custom pre-built hard line cooling. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I can see this product being great for someone like me who is keen on diving into watercooled-parts but don't want to get into nuances such as tubing diameter, thickness, length, bends, sourcing gaskets, etc.

I didn't read the full article, only partially skimmed through it, any details on warranty if the anything leaks?

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

• 3 weeks later...

*Removed because I think I may have been in breach of some rules I hadn't read at time of writing*