Corsair Hydro X series radiators

Deli

Look like Corsair uses OEM version from HW Labs. Anyone know what is the performance difference between the HW Labs OEM builder version and the regular GTS?

Corsair Hydro X radiators are not the same as the HW labs gts, they are actually known as the HW Labs L-series rads (or LS). They also supply the exact same rads to bitspower (Leviathan series) which has been on the market for a long time, so you can find a lot more data when you check the Leviathan series. 

The L-series have a standard form factor (width of the rad) like most rads on the market whereas the gts is about 15mm wider. Keep that in mind since this might interfere with your case or mobo, even when they are supposed to be compatible. As an example my phanteks evolv atx normally can fit a 280 rad (standard form factor) in the front, however it does not fit a 280gts (unless I modify/cut the psu shroud). Fin density is the same, but there is still a difference in performance because of this size difference.

Like I said before, you can basically check older reviews between the gts and bitspower leviathan or L-series to find out how these stack up.

https://www.xtremerigs.net/2015/02/11/radiator-round-2015/5

26 minutes ago, MkaiL said:

Corsair Hydro X radiators are not the same as the HW labs gts, they are actually known as the HW Labs L-series rads (or LS). They also supply the exact same rads to bitspower (Leviathan series) which has been on the market for a long time, so you can find a lot more data when you check the Leviathan series. 

The L-series have a standard form factor (width of the rad) like most rads on the market whereas the gts is about 15mm wider. Keep that in mind since this might interfere with your case or mobo, even when they are supposed to be compatible. As an example my phanteks evolv atx normally can fit a 280 rad (standard form factor) in the front, however it does not fit a 280gts (unless I modify/cut the psu shroud). Fin density is the same, but there is still a difference in performance because of this size difference.

Like I said before, you can basically check older reviews between the gts and bitspower leviathan or L-series to find out how these stack up.

https://www.xtremerigs.net/2015/02/11/radiator-round-2015/5

Thanks for the link.

I know the less expensive HW Labs radiator Corsair uses is different from the GTS. I'm looking for a 280mm rad. Most 280mm rad from Alphacool, EK etc are close to 320mm long. While both HW Labs L-series(the shop listed them as Builder Edition) and GTS are 312mm. Which fits my case better. The L-series is 140mm wide, while GTS is 153mm. They also seems to have the same FPI. I'm just not sure how well the L-series performs, as it's quite a bit cheaper than the GTS. Thanks for the reply. I think I know which one I need now.

Just installed my second Corsair 280. Was running one with an ek 280 and 140. 
Really like how thin they are and readily available unlike any 140 series stuff at a microcenter. 
Seem to perform well, logo is a bad implementation but not something Corsair alway puts at the top of their priorities. 

BED58DAE-23BB-4CE7-B3D8-E5DE9CD88081.jpeg

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz