GeForce now loses all Activision blizzard titles

spartaman64
On 2/12/2020 at 4:40 PM, spartaman64 said:

Activision Blizzard hasn't publicly commented on the reason for this pullback, and the company's games could return soon. But last month Activision Blizzard announced that it had entered into a multiyear partnership with Google Cloud

The first half of the quote I was thinking money was the issue.

Reading the second half of the quote it was confirmed and I stopped reading, highlited said quote and responded.

Thread exited never to return again.

On 2/13/2020 at 3:58 AM, Master Disaster said:

there will be no way to buy your own games any more because greedy publishers don't want you actually owning a product, ownership comes with rights. When all this is done there will be no way to play modern games in any capacity other than stream them

Yeah thats not happening no time soon. Game Streaming is not viable with todays Internet Infustucture. Simple as that. Plus add bandwidth caps. Publishers would also probably get the squeeze from ISP's. Comcast already put the screws to Netflix, got them to pay out boatloads of cash for Comcast to keep there service working fine on the Comcast network. So I hope publishers are ready to bend over and take it up the ass by ISP's. 

every publisher will have their own service with their own games.

Possibly this will happen. But they wont be streaming only, they are not that stupid. 

Did movies and TV shows go to streaming only? NO. Yes streaming service figured out they needed exclusive titiles, Netflix has The Witcher, Amazon has Jack Ryan, etc. But much of the content is aviable on multiple services. Cable and Satelite TV still exist and SHIT you can still pick up TV over the air. None of that is going to change any time soon. Same thing applies to games, they will offer the streaming service and the ability to buy the games. The only diffrence is, you will pay probably a lower price to stream quite a few titles each month BUT pay more if you want to actually make a purchase. 

my Mum got an email from Sky TV telling her that Marvel have decided to remove all their content, both TV Shows & Movies from Sky TVs streaming service. There was no explanation given, no offer of compensation, just a "this thing that we price increased only a few months ago now has less content, have a nice day".

Marvel is owned by Disney, Disney has two streaming services. Pretty much most of the Marvel and Disney content has been pulled from other platforms. Sky most likely didnt want to pay the price to keep the content, as generally these agreements are made for a set period of time. Id imagine Disney will expand its services to other countries eventally. ALSO, Comcast recently purchased Sky from what I have read,  Maybe Comcast didnt want to pay Disney for the right or Disney decided its going to start offering streaming in other regions. The only reason Disney Plus is not everywhere is because Disney still have on going agreements with distributors. Once those agreements expire then they can decide how they want to distrubute their content. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 2/13/2020 at 5:50 AM, SeriousDad69 said:

Anything that throws a monkey wrench into cloud gaming I'm all for lol. Don't think it'll slow it down much though, bugmen will sacrifice almost anything for the slightest conveniences.
Like bugmen will buy smart light switches that data mine your network and have apps that data mine your phone and get an Amazon Echo that records everything you say and zooshes it off to cloud for everyone in China/India/Government to hear, all because they're too lazy to get up off their asses and flip a switch lmao. Cloud gaming is right up the ally of those people.

1. This is wholly pretentious.
2. For some, smart devices might be about laziness, but it's also about being able to control utility usage, setup routines and adjust your life-flow to be more efficient.
3. Cloud gaming is stupid.

On 2/12/2020 at 3:40 PM, spartaman64 said:

And this highlights a worrying possible future trend with cloud gaming platforms getting exclusive games and fracturing the market further. Like how you might need to get a Netflix, Hulu, HBO, and Disney plus to watch all the movies you want to watch. You might need to subscribe to GeForce, Stadia, Microsoft cloud gaming etc to play all the games you are interested in. 

It absolutely baffles me that the gaming & media industry has deliberately segmented their markets for the better part of 50-70 years, and yet they still don't understand why people pirate, share, or otherwise refuse to pay for their content. ?

To be clear, I think a lot of people want to pay for content they truly enjoy, or a the very least would be willing to pay if the content was made easily accessible whenever, wherever, on whatever platform they were using, but are unable to justify the cost of signing up for more than 1 or 2 streaming services because of the absurdity of having to switch between devices or platforms, not to mention the cost, simply because these publisher and distributors can't get it through their archaic thought processes that consumer straight up DO NOT CARE who the game or movie is "brought to you by", outside of the original cast, crew, developers, designers, musicians, artists, etc. who actually worked on the project.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 hour ago, divito said:

More efficient life flow? The seconds you save is hardly worth it compared to the security and privacy vulnerabilities they create. It's not the latest Cool™ SmartHome™ SmartTech™ so it might not be popular with the average bugman, but I'd recommend most people just get a clapper if they're really too lazy to get up to turn the lights off lol

1 hour ago, SeriousDad69 said:

More efficient life flow? The seconds you save is hardly worth it compared to the security and privacy vulnerabilities they create. It's not the latest Cool™ SmartHome™ SmartTech™ so it might not be popular with the average bugman, but I'd recommend most people just get a clapper if they're really too lazy to get up to turn the lights off lol

Not just about "seconds." Carrying in groceries or boxes at night, and have lights turn on with a voice command, or IFTTT. Or if you forget that certain things are on or were in a rush in the morning before work, being able to turn them off remotely or with a routine, reducing energy usage for the day.

You can disparage the use of technology all you want, but even regular light switches are "lazy." Under your logic, I'd expect you to go down to the fuse box every time you needed power in a room, or else you're just lazy. 

As for the security and privacy issues, some of that still needs to be ironed out, and better practices need to be taught rather than abolishing the technology. The problem is Joe Schmo installing the stuff and not doing due diligence. If you're hacked from a smart device, then you have far bigger problems than the technology being used.

1 hour ago, divito said:

I don't think the issues can be ironed out as long as everything needs requires internet access and sends recordings of you off to some foreign server for data min- oops, I mean "transcribing". I see most of these smarthome devices as disposable trinkets, anything dependent on a smartphone app or proprietary blackbox(like what some smarthome/home security setups use) shouldn't be viewed as a long term investment, you're going to be trashing all of that crap when the app stops working or when the provider/manufacture decides it's time for you to buy a new one. Compared to normal light switches that can be used for decades. Just what we need on this planet, more mountains of ewaste and more precious earth metals being squandered, just so bugmen can feel like they're in Star Trek.

12 hours ago, divito said:

Not just about "seconds." Carrying in groceries or boxes at night, and have lights turn on with a voice command, or IFTTT. Or if you forget that certain things are on or were in a rush in the morning before work, being able to turn them off remotely or with a routine, reducing energy usage for the day.

You can disparage the use of technology all you want, but even regular light switches are "lazy." Under your logic, I'd expect you to go down to the fuse box every time you needed power in a room, or else you're just lazy. 

As for the security and privacy issues, some of that still needs to be ironed out, and better practices need to be taught rather than abolishing the technology. The problem is Joe Schmo installing the stuff and not doing due diligence. If you're hacked from a smart device, then you have far bigger problems than the technology being used.

Automated non IOT lights exist at a fraction of the cost and at an immensely more reliable service. IOT devices are a problem and a scam contract of costs (or profit to the companies) looking for an easy mark.

11 hours ago, SeriousDad69 said:

I don't think the issues can be ironed out as long as everything needs requires internet access and sends recordings of you off to some foreign server for data min- oops, I mean "transcribing". I see most of these smarthome devices as disposable trinkets, anything dependent on a smartphone app or proprietary blackbox(like what some smarthome/home security setups use) shouldn't be viewed as a long term investment, you're going to be trashing all of that crap when the app stops working or when the provider/manufacture decides it's time for you to buy a new one. Compared to normal light switches that can be used for decades. Just what we need on this planet, more mountains of ewaste and more precious earth metals being squandered, just so bugmen can feel like they're in Star Trek.

Tinfoil hat really isn't a good look.

Home automation and smart home systems have been around for a very long time. A lot of people that got behind the initial companies obviously have had to deal with issues after those companies disappeared from the lack of demand. The same is probably going to happen for all the current devices out there. Whether due to companies going in a different direction, or bricking their devices for new ones, consumerism is going to take hold. The problem is people keep buying them.

1 hour ago, TechyBen said:

Automated non IOT lights exist at a fraction of the cost and at an immensely more reliable service. IOT devices are a problem and a scam contract of costs (or profit to the companies) looking for an easy mark.

Yes, non-IOT timers and other types of switches have existed for a long time. IOT devices aren't the problem, but the manufacturers are trying to get into market while not shoring up security properly are a big part of the problem. Consumers not taking the time to properly implement their devices is the other problem.

46 minutes ago, divito said:

Tinfoil hat really isn't a good look.

It's not tinfoil hat at all, everyone knows Alexa keeps recordings of you, everyone knows Ring doorbells are basically a police surveillance network. It's crazier to not assume at least some of these little IoT devices aren't data mining your network. They recently found third party trackers from Facebook, Google and others in Ring doorbells lol.

Even the completely inept US Government(FBI specifically in this case) says you should have all of your IoT tumor devices on a separate network, which is especially hilarious when the average American is so ignorant when it comes to networking that they'll call their ISP a "WiFi company".

1 hour ago, SeriousDad69 said:

It's not tinfoil hat at all, everyone knows Alexa keeps recordings of you, everyone knows Ring doorbells are basically a police surveillance network. It's crazier to not assume at least some of these little IoT devices aren't data mining your network. They recently found third party trackers from Facebook, Google and others in Ring doorbells lol.

Even the completely inept US Government(FBI specifically in this case) says you should have all of your IoT tumor devices on a separate network, which is especially hilarious when the average American is so ignorant when it comes to networking that they'll call their ISP a "WiFi company".

Yeah. China, Russia and then add any other country you know to be doing this (I know of people being beaten up right now for "crimes" of belief that can/could use IOT/internet data to track them if the country wishes, however I think for now they are relying on low hanging fruit of current records and neighbors pointing fingers). The difference being, AFAIK China and Russia cannot ask Amazon/Apple/Google for the data, but anything/offices local, they can walk in and get it. Similar to how the US/UK/AUS gov services can walk in and get it, though without the possibility of court cases showing it to be unconstitutional. Well, you could try going to court with your two broken legs and arms in slings...

47 minutes ago, TechyBen said:

Yeah. China, Russia and then add any other country you know to be doing this (I know of people being beaten up right now for "crimes" of belief that can/could use IOT/internet data to track them if the country wishes, however I think for now they are relying on low hanging fruit of current records and neighbors pointing fingers). The difference being, AFAIK China and Russia cannot ask Amazon/Apple/Google for the data, but anything/offices local, they can walk in and get it. Similar to how the US/UK/AUS gov services can walk in and get it, though without the possibility of court cases showing it to be unconstitutional. Well, you could try going to court with your two broken legs and arms in slings...

"We don't spy on our citizens!.... we just let Amazon, Google, Facebook etc do it then collect the harvest" lmao it's all just one massive joke.

8 minutes ago, SeriousDad69 said:

"We don't spy on our citizens!.... we just let Amazon, Google, Facebook etc do it then collect the harvest" lmao it's all just one massive joke.

In other words the corporations spy on us, then the government spies on the corporations. I wonder how many of them have NSA equpiment running in their data centers? Like AT&T did. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

23 hours ago, kirashi said:

a lot of people want to pay

why bother when free wont cost you anything

its how large the barrier is in getting stolen content

It seems like most of the Bethsada games got pulled as well:

https://www.pcgamer.com/bethesda-softworks-games-have-been-removed-from-geforce-now/

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

On 2/15/2020 at 9:11 PM, divito said:

this to me is lazy. not having time because you didnt want to get up a few minutes early or making excuses is lazy. period. if you are in a rush at all or rushing normally get up earlier. that is lazy. 

here is your security backing.

Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

On 2/16/2020 at 5:52 PM, SeriousDad69 said:

That's true. Our Dutch news website publiced one about Ring doorbells collecting your data and sells them to 3rd parties. They say you're the product when you want something for free like Facebook? Well guess what, YOU'RE STILL A PRODUCT WHEN YOU PAY! Ring doorbells are not for free and they still pull this shit.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

9 hours ago, rabbitanarchy14 said:

this to me is lazy. not having time because you didnt want to get up a few minutes early or making excuses is lazy. period. if you are in a rush at all or rushing normally get up earlier. that is lazy. 

here is your security backing.

Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Yes, most people will adjust their routines, but life is not as simple as that. Sometimes things happen and being able to deal with them in a certain technological way is beneficial.

And allowing the collection superficial data != giving up liberty; very fallacious. And safety doesn't need to be purchased or given back....I understand the technology and implement it in a way that is safe and do my due diligence before undertaking any of it. People are enormously entitled these days and expect things on a silver platter. Consumers need to bear a lot more responsibility rather than passing off blame because they don't want to do the work or research necessary. 

Not surprising, they were banning significant amounts of people using it according to the forums/sub reddit.  

• 2 weeks later...

The verge has a pretty good theory - it's about the game companies wanting you to buy the game for just about every screen you want to play it on.   

"One good example of a downside of GeForce Now is mobile ports. What developer would put resources toward developing a competent mobile port of their game, with hopes to resell it to a new audience to recoup investment on the port and make some profit, if GeForce Now is available on mobile (it’s already on Android) and completely obviates the need to pay for the mobile version?..."

Rock On!

On 2/24/2020 at 11:30 AM, billcxsby said:

is this related to hong kong, china stuff?

#FreeHK ?

No